News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Moroso CCS Results

Started by 2DubyaF, July 24, 2003, 10:21:14 AM

hdpromos

Alex

I just read your race report on Moroso. Please be advised that Scott Richie led the "Shoot-Out" from start to finish! Jim Pihokken finished 3rd before both were penalized for jumping the start. We appreciate your race report but it was bad enough for Richie to lose the race the way he did, but, give him credit for leading it every inch of the way!

Thanks,

Henry

MELK-MAN

QuoteAlex

I just read your race report on Moroso. Please be advised that Scott Richie led the "Shoot-Out" from start to finish! Jim Pihokken finished 3rd before both were penalized for jumping the start. We appreciate your race report but it was bad enough for Richie to lose the race the way he did, but, give him credit for leading it every inch of the way!

Thanks,

Henry

Man he was on a tear. fair lead and for the most part uncontested. Is scott r. that fast all the time?? The 2 of them were none to happy but rules are rules.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

hdpromos

Melkman, Scott is really on the gas and so is Jimmy. They will have their day. This was a set back but as you said, "rules are rules". And without them "chaos rules"!

HD

MightyDuc Racing

You saw where my pit was, and I admit I wasn't exactly studying the start/finish line, but when they came by us, it was obvious something had happened.  Either way, it was a great ride by Scott.  Shame it had to end that way, he woulda won if he hadn't jumped...but rules are definitely rules.  Where I started racing, you couldn't even inch, and where Melka started, you'd flip over a gate if you went early...lol.  My vote is if you inch, you get docked next season. ;)  I'd hate to get used to inching and then someday go to the AMA and get black flagged right off the bat. :D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

ScubaSteve

I use to jump the start when i raced motox i would sit a lil further back from the gate then evryone else and i figured out the starters count i would just start slipping the clutch and dump it when i counted to 3 i never flipped over the gate but i did leave a lil early but got lucky the front wheel was high enough to clear but the back hit and thru me forward didnt feel to good down low if you know what i mean :o. alot of us did that they eventually but a board across the back so we couldnt
Steve

CCS FL

ninelives59

why did they let him lead the whole race and when he came to the box oh by the way you have been DQ....Whats up with that? why cant we have a black flag?
CCS FLORIDA  #6
9LIVESRACING
PIRELLI TIRES
WWR DESIGNS
EXTREME PHOTO'S

MELK-MAN

Quotewhy did they let him lead the whole race and when he came to the box oh by the way you have been DQ....Whats up with that? why cant we have a black flag?

DQ means NO points at all... 1 lap is the penalty thus ya still get some points.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

MightyDuc Racing

No black flags in our region.  The rules are pretty clear...leave early and you lose a lap.  A black flag with a stop and go would probably hurt less, though, since a top rider may be able to catch and repass some people.  Crappy situation that weekend.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM