News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Anybody know Paul Donnan???

Started by KBOlsen, July 22, 2003, 08:06:27 AM

KBOlsen

Paul is a former racer and control rider for NESBA.  I received a telephone call Sunday night from a good friend of his.  Paul is in a desperate situation and needs help.

In April, he left for Spain to attend his daughter's wedding, then stopped to visit his parents in England on his way home. When he got to Heathrow airport in London, they told him there was a problem with his visa and that he could not return to the United States (apparently he had neglected to renew it and it had expired).

The guy's been living and working here for 19 years, and now he's stuck halfway across the world with little more than the clothes on his back. Can you imagine, going away on a trip and then being told at the airport that you can never go home again???!!!

If anyone has any ideas on how to help bring Paul home, please contact him at PaulD109@msn.com, or you can call/e-mail me as well.

Thanks, everyone.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

am_#65_john_deere

his best option is probably to get  in touch with an immigration lawyer over here and explain the exact situation to them and they should know what he can do or who to contact ??? ??? ???the immigration lawyer that i used is james halligan of minsky, mc cormick and halligan. they are based in 122 s. michigan ave,suite1800,chicago ,il,60603.   tel#312-427-6163,  fax#312-427-6513.     p.s. immigration lawyers are not cheap ??? ??? ???  i hope this info helps.
anthony.

KBOlsen

Thank you, Anthony - I have forwarded your lawyer's contact info to Paul.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Decreasing_Dave

Have him go see the American Consulate.  They have to deal with stuff like this everyday.  Then I would try an Immigration Attorney.

I hate to say this...but....HELLO!!?!....You're going out of the country and you don't check the legality of your documents??

This is especially critical if you're not a citizen of the country that you live in.

Good luck,  I see a battle in his future.