News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

gearing for summit point

Started by fzr400tony, July 16, 2003, 08:20:28 AM

fzr400tony

bike: stock 00 gsx-r750.  using the 17-tooth monster front, what is good in the back?  i was thinking about 44 or 45?  anyone?  if it's 44, my guess based on the 400 is the stock gearing would be good at vir, right?

any ideas?  i know, i should've looked at every 750 at summit to see for myself, but really on the fense about racing with the hw guys....

wera331

just say no to the heavy weight.how did your race go sat?

fzr400tony

i'll still race the 400.  but my 750 sits.  it has 207gp's on it (which says a lot).  so i figured i'd take it back to the track once in a blue moon.

my race went well.  they bumped up the nsr250 to thunder bike (which is good since he was runnin' like :22's), so it was me and two first-time racers.  i wanted to try to catch up to the experts after my bad start, but then i realized that i had a big gap and could win my first race.  so i slowed down and rode around.  i wish i tried harder in retrospect.  no disrespect to the new guys, but i had a nice gap, i should have tried harder and learned more.

wera331

I'm chris I guess you didn't know that. see you next time. I'm going in for surgery on july 30 for my collar bone.

pmoravek

Good luck going under the knife!!!
I wanna see you back out there again real soon.

Pete

fzr400tony

chris (soon to be ducati-racer), i remembered your new #.  i couldn't remember if you knew about the nsr or not...  

i didn't know you needed surgery.  ouch.  i hope that goes well.  drop me and e-mail when you can type again and let me know how it goes.