More Jennings Less Moroso for 04

Started by mmills416, July 14, 2003, 12:40:00 PM

mmills416

Hey Henry,

I'm not going to jump on the protest Moroso band wagon, but next year can we race Jennings 4 times and Moroso 4 times or maybe add a race at Roebling.  I know its more complicated than justs changing the program, but it would be nice to change it up a bit and break up the monotony of going to the same track all summer long.  

See ya saturday

Bsmedic

mmills416

Homestead is very expensive to get and there are limited dates, so in effort to be more comprimising I think changing a 1 or 2 Moroso to a Jennings or Roebling is more likely.

hdpromos

That is not going to happen for several reasons. And you can bet that financial is one of them. Did you happen to notice the spectators at Jennings as compared to Moroso? That should tell you something! ::)

HD  

brian_gordon

Henry, any chance of adding a roebling date, rumor has it they are repaving next summer, it would be great to get a date late summer on a newly paved roebling. how bout 3 jennings and 1 roebling next year. I live closer to moroso than anybody and still wouldn't mind driving a little for those tracks!, make one of the jennings a double points weekend, that should get entry #s up.

hdpromos

The Florida series is run in Florida. There are 12 points races and the national final at Daytona. That is enough races for 1 region. Roebling is not in our region. But any CCS license holder can of course run any CCS sanctioned races around the country.

HD

CCS243

Henry,

We are always glad to see FL region racers at Roebling.  The SE region does have 2 crossover events at Jennings this year.  Two of our three Roebling events were crossovers with MA.  Perhaps next year one of the Roebling dates could be setup as a FL/SE crossover.  A quick scan of the SE points show a fair number who seem to enjoy racing in the region.

Hope to see the usual suspects and others at the upcoming Twin Sprints on 7/26-27.  $75 practice day as usual on 7/25.

hdpromos

Art, our schedule is already set for 2004 and I don't think you'll see me giving up any of our dates for Roebling. But as you said, Florida riders are welcome at your events as they are at any CCS event.

HD

ScubaSteve

QuoteHey Henry,

I'm not going to jump on the protest Moroso band wagon, but next year can we race Jennings 4 times and Moroso 4 times or maybe add a race at Roebling.  I know its more complicated than justs changing the program, but it would be nice to change it up a bit and break up the monotony of going to the same track all summer long.  

See ya saturday

Im with you on this one also mills See you all this weekend
Steve

CCS FL

MightyDuc Racing

I just wanna race...can't wait for Sunday now! ;D  I am planning on going to Barber at least once next year, anybody wanna ride with me let me know. ;)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

TrackBrat

I do hate to be the spoiler but I have to agree with Art on this one.........not to mention the riders.  They deserve the opportunity to run different tracks other than Florida's.  The Southeast runs many states and now they have added Jennings.  I have heard Roebling plans to repave but that has been said many times in 4 yrs...but once it is, it will be a fun place to ride like it has been for so long......why not add it to the list?

Oh, by the way, financial for whom?  Doesn't look like some of the riders mind. They pay the tab anyway. Right?

As far as spectators at Jennings, who would want to come out and spend the day from many miles away just to be forced out by 6 pm?  HELLO!!
I know it is that way for all Fla tracks but damnit. ( By the way guys, on regular days Jennings GP lets ya camp free)

That's why some of our Southeast riders have no more use for Fla region.  I have heard more complaints about the operation than ever.  Why would a rider travel for 5 hours, have to wait until 7:30 or 8:00 AM to sign in at the gate, set up, register, tech, and start practice at 9:00 AM  just to have his race at 5:00 and then be told to leave in 1 hour?  They would be worn slap out before practice even started.  

Well, not to make a book or anything, I'll be quiet now.  However, all you racers who want variety, I am with ya!!!!!!!!!!  Southeast RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MightyDuc Racing

Let me just say that I will work a full day on Saturday and still be able to ride ALL my races this weekend.  Everybody is entitled to their opinion as to how to run things.  Don't knock it until you've done it, or get off your butt and try to run a region. ::)  Didn't we have a several page discussion on this already...welcome to last May. ;)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM