News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What kind of facilities does Hartland Park have?

Started by EX#996, July 12, 2003, 08:19:22 AM

EX#996

Showers

Bathrooms

Concessions

Electricity

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks!

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

GSXR RACER MIKE

Dawn, It's been a few years since I have been there but if I remember correctly they have all of the things that you listed.

The bathrooms are located all the way to one extreme of the paddock (to the right as you enter in thru the tunnel under the track) and I do believe that they have a shower(s). They have also had portable toilets in the past located all the way to the other side of the pits.

There was a concession stand located on the upper paddock to the left (as entering the pits) which was a mini Wendy's restraunt with outdoor seating. The store for selling shirts and such is located apx. in the middle of the upper paddock along the grass hill.

The pits have an upper and lower level which is all paved, with the exception of a grass covered hill between them. The power I have seen available is located on the grassy hill and can go to the upper or lower paddock, but beware that you will need to park along that hill or have a bit of extension cord with you. I'm not sure if they also have power available behind the bleachers (lower paddock). If I remember correctly there was a limited number of recepticles in the past?

The cool thing about the bleachers is that from the top you can see almost the entire track, even though you will have to stand up and keep circling around since the pits/bleachers are located inside of the track like BHF.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

TZ_Boy

The real Question is, what is the condition of the track?  If CCS say's it's a piece of crap in their newsletter but promises Quote "they plan to remove the snake patches and replace them with a more forgiving asphalt patch before we arrive."  "They assure us that the worst spots will be done first so the racing surface in the turns and braking areas will be up to competition level."  So basically the gunshot wound to the head and chest will have a nice neosporin laced bandaid on them.

I wouldn't go to that track if they had fluff girls at the gate, bathrooms, showers, and concession stand's.

EX#996

Quote I wouldn't go to that track if they had fluff girls at the gate, bathrooms, showers, and concession stand's.

You would if there were championships on the line.  Double points mean a lot when that is involved.

If it wasn't for the hopes of obtaining a championship, we wouldn't be going.  Not because of the track itself, but because of the long drive for us.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

TZ_Boy

Of course that's why you or anyone else is going to that track because CCS has you over the point's barrel.

Super Dave

Sorry, I'm out of the points barrel, but I'm going, and it's still a long way for me.

Racers race.

The track has a great lay out, the restauraunts are outstanding.  People still go to Mid-Ohio even though the track has grass growing up between the patches.  Oh, and the patches are at different heights, too, which makes it like a berm in some corners.

In years past, things that were open at Heartland Park were based on an ala carte payment system.  If you wanted it, you had to pay for it.  With the new ownership, it might be a bit more pallatable;  the Irwin's would like to have us there because they know we're good people.

I've never noticed the showers before, but maybe I'm wrong.  Wendy's should be open, but they are pretty proud of their pricing.  
Super Dave

Thingy

Last time that I was there, the concession stands were not open the entire weekend.  So, you may want to be prepared...
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Super Dave

That was also under the previous management...

This should be more of a Spectator Event, so hopefully, the people will be in place.
Super Dave

TZ_Boy

Super Dave

Quote I'm just pissed it's not Road America.

Bah, it just juses a lot of gas.
Super Dave

TZDeSioux

I've never been to Kansas.... what language to they speak there?

Dawn

QuoteBah, it just juses a lot of gas.

Bah...  It's just a lot of gas to get to Kansas! (That and 13 freekn' hours on the road).

Dawn   :(