unprofessional professional

Started by zeroice, July 09, 2003, 08:12:10 AM

zeroice

>:(
So whats wrong here?
all i have to do is get the plastic on the bike to race. Ben Beasley of beasley fiberglass in Mentor Ohio is taking his time getting my stuff made... My filthy rich friend got a cbr600rr for track days ( he doesn't race but will let me race the bike), I cant afford one since I'm a broke college student. i called beasley for the glass and he said he'd give me two free sets if i'd let him mold the oem plastic. well, its been 2 months and he hasnt even started molding (talked to him yesterday). he promised me that it would be done this week since i wanted to do a CCS race @ summit... Now I cant race!!! such BS.....is it because I'm so new in the sport that I get dicked around cuz its part of some secret hazing that newbies get??? or is it just because he's incompetent? why can't I get treated like any other professional? sorry to blow the steam.. i'm just so fed up!!!
Do I have to be an impolite @ss and b:tch him out? what am I suposed to do now? I have been calling him at least once a week... rrgghh
Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707

dwilson

Racing costs alot of money.  I wouldn't expect much for free.  It's been my experience that everything costs something.  If someone says they'll give you something expect aggravation, just as you and your friend can expect the aggravation of not being able to use the bike when the other one crashes it.  
I've never seen anyone get picked on for being new.  I'm still fairly new and everyone has been great to me.

Super Dave

Any motorcycle business is rough.

Being a newbie doesn't have anything to do with it.  Additionally, I believe Ben is responsible for several race cars for his customers.

And how does that go...

Anything cheap and good...won't be quick.  If you're gonna get it for free, it isn't going to come soon.

Super Dave

smoke

Dwilson...

I do not agree with u at all on this one.  I have agreat gorup of freinds and people that have help me out.  I alos do the same for other people. Its just me! E.G. I my boy droped my bike. I did not get mad or ask for anything to fix it. I did it my self.  If u recked your bike this weekend and Iasked me to race mine I would let u. and ask for nothing in return.  Thats just the type of person I am.

BIG thanks to CAD ( Dave & Ryan)
I would take my bike to a diffeerent shop. It sounds like dude is just a slacker.

fzr400tony

it seems like bodywork manufacturers are about 50/50 in the good vs bad column.  it's strange, i never saw a beasley complaint before.

Super Dave

Yes, they seem to do a nice job.  

Free body work, but not timely...

As they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

I'm outa here...I'll be back in town on Sunday.
Super Dave

MightyDuc Racing

I say, unfortunately, either pay for it or don't complain.  Nothing is for free, right?
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

THE_D.O.C.

this clown posted the same thing at wera's board.

beasley is a good company.

sorry your free bodywork didn't show up in time.  ::)

TreyBone

bite the bullet and buy some . You can get full bodywork( front fender, tail, upper, lower ) for around 450 bucks and have it delivered to your door in less than a week. (hotbodies - from Lockhart ) ;D

From experience- DONT USE XXX COMPOSITES. I don't even know if they are in business anymore :-/

Jeff

Hotbodies for an RR will cost you $565 (regardless of what the incorrect price in the LPUSA book shows).  Sharkskinz, nearly a grand.

Call Matt Drucker from MDRacing (www.mdracingstp.com) and talk to him about his in-house brand of RR bodywork.  It should be ready to ship, and if not, he'll be able to get you a set in a couple of days.

BUY YOUR BODYWORK!!!  Then sell the stock stuff.  The stock bodywork is worth FAR more than 2 sets of hotbodies...

And the rule of thumb on everything is that you want it:

GOOD    --    FAST     --     CHEAP

but you can only have 2...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

KBOlsen

If somebody was to give me free bodywork, I'd kiss their.... um... well, no but I'd be extremely grateful.  Even the cheap stuff ain't cheap.

I may be mistaken, but aside from having a belly pan, you are not required to run bodywork to race.

FWIW, I've heard good things from folks in the drag racing world concerning Beasley products.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

zeroice

I guess patience is a real important virtue... you learn some you wait some :)
Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707