News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Give me some room PLEASE!

Started by smoke, July 07, 2003, 06:10:31 AM

smoke

This will be my first race ever this weekend at Summit.  U will not miss me as I will have on my perty T-shirt.  It will be diff for me as I have been a cornerworker all year and may have picked a few of u up.

The bike is ready and I mentaly will be. I may stop by your pit to ask questions as I want to learn.

Give me a lil room please. If u need to pass  dont worry I will hold my line.

THE_D.O.C.

just be sure to have predictable lines. and be sure not to run the "wide--tight--wide" lines. if you do, somebody carrying speed is going to paste you.

good luck.

catman

Hey Smokey what classes you running-you can help me bring up the rear like a pro- ccs #111 John Weinssen-stop by say hi

pmoravek

Hey Smoke,
      What classes are you running in?
Also what kind of bike will you be on?
I'd be interested in talking to you after you get a feel for what it's like on both sides of the fence...i.e. Cornerworker/Racer.

Good luck this weekend!

dave333

Quotejust be sure to have predictable lines. and be sure not to run the "wide--tight--wide" lines. if you do, somebody carrying speed is going to paste you.

good luck.

Don't ya get it?  He is asking for a little extra consideration.  Why don't y'all just give him a wide berth and not put him into the weeds?

smoke

I'll be running a 97 gix 600 with the prime gray plastics

I got the GTU 30 min thing on Saterday and I will sign up on friday for the superbike and supersport.

I figure 3 races on my first weekedend. ( need the track time)  

How do I request to change grid positions?  As in that 30 min race I may be in the first wave as I preregistered.

tigerblade

smoke,

You'll be fine.  Just run your own race and the others will get around you.  If you've been a cornerworker then you probably know what's up.   :)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

smoke

Quotejust be sure to have predictable lines. and be sure not to run the "wide--tight--wide" lines. if you do, somebody carrying speed is going to paste you.

good luck.

I will be in the odd number practice session so if u or any one will let me follow it would be cool.

Turn 6,7,8,9 ,10 are my favs
I know I'm going down in 5 but oh well. As I cornner 7 most of the time so I see the action.

smoke

Quotesmoke,

You'll be fine.  Just run your own race and the others will get around you.  If you've been a cornerworker then you probably know what's up.   :)

Thats Just it I know whats up about the 600 class running at summit. Thats why I asked for room ( I'v seen the run 4 wide in turn 10, I've seen the people get run over and off the track, and most of all I can't remember the bike number but the bike flip past my face at the last summit race ( me in turn 7 he lost it comming out of 6)

dwilson

Hey Smoke,
I'll see you in the odd am practice...  Can't miss me on my rubber coated FZR w/autobot logo.  I did my first race last fall, just take it easy and try to have fun.  I'll see you there!

eastonrae24

I was told you can always grid up in the back if you dont feel comfortable where they put u at.

pmoravek

I'm sure that you can go to the back of the grid if you are feeling intimidated.
The guys in the GT race SHOULD recognize that they have plenty of time to get around you in that event and plan their passes accordingly.
I know it's a bit late for this suggestion, but I'm a big fan of the lightweight classes because the grids aren't quite as full usually and it's a good class to learn racing in.

That's why I ran an FZR400 last year and I'm on an SV this year.

My  $.02