Weather forcast for MAM...

Started by EX#996, July 02, 2003, 06:03:24 PM

EX#996

Paul and Dawn Buxton

Pit_Girl

nate brought up a good point... dawn, you're always the one that brings up the weather ;D ;D ;D

GSXR RACER MIKE

Well, weather.com is saying scattered thunderstorms possible Fri.-Sun. so bring the rain gear just in case! I am planning on running no matter what the weather.

Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

EX#996

Quotenate brought up a good point... dawn, you're always the one that brings up the weather ;D ;D ;D

Yep!  So hopefully everyone could be prepared, and perhaps to have some of the LW guys say.....

"It's too cold..."
"It's too hot..."
"It's too wet..."

... but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way.  They are a tough bunch.

So.... One may wonder, what was the weather like?

Thursday - 100+ when we got there (I got sick)

Friday - 90+ and humid with a breeze (still recovering from Thurs)

Saturday - 90+ and humid with NO breeze

Sunday - 12:30 a.m., thunderstorms with 70 - 90 mph wind gusts.  Many bikes tipped over, EZ-ups destroyed, but thankfully no tornadoes.  Wake up in the morning with 2+ inches of water just outside our door.  The rest of the day....  90+ and humid, slight breeze.

Today in WI - 80+ with slight humidity and a slight breeze.  It's good to be home!

Dawn   :D

Paul and Dawn Buxton

Super_KC124

QuoteSunday - 12:30 a.m., thunderstorms with 70 - 90 mph wind gusts.  Many bikes tipped over, EZ-ups destroyed, but thankfully no tornadoes.  Wake up in the morning with 2+ inches of water just outside our door.  The rest of the day....  90+ and humid, slight breeze.
Dawn   :D

You forgot, 55 gallon drums flying through the air!

K3 Chris Onwiler

When will those people learn to reinforce their canopies with sandbags?
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteWhen will those people learn to reinforce their canopies with sandbags?

So would they be sandbaggers then? ;)

Dawn

Mike,

I saw your truck, trailer and bike at MAM, but did not want to knock on your door.  Will you be at BHF in a few weeks?

Dawn  

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteMike,

I saw your truck, trailer and bike at MAM, but did not want to knock on your door.  Will you be at BHF in a few weeks?

Dawn  

Dawn, I will be at all the races this year in the MW / GL / GP regions this season. I was probably hiding in my trailer at that time (if my bike was there) trying to cool down. My entire life I have not been able to tolerate heat so I have to stay as cool as possible between races. It is a gamble I take going to the races in mid-summer if I will even be able to complete full race distance in each of the classes I race. The MAM event was too hot for me, so I just went 2-4 laps in each class so as to maintain my points in the 4 classes I run. I hate to do that but I know when it is not safe for me to continue, so I don't. I need to get a cool suit and see if that helps. :-/

EX#996

I'm the same way with the heat, however I found that if I soak my t-shirt and keep it wet all day, it helps.  However, it would be kinda hard with leathers on.

Hopefully the weather at BHF won't be as severe as it was at MAM.  Unfortunately I have a feeling Topeka is going to be HOT.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteI found that if I soak my t-shirt and keep it wet all day, it helps.

Dawn   :)

:-X  :oLeaving that statement alone!  ;) ;D