News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Is Blackhawk Farms a cool track?

Started by ts199, June 30, 2003, 08:25:35 AM

oldguy

Hey, I'm a FNG and I'm bringin' my kid to BHF for Super_Daves school and father & son racing debut!
I'm also bringin' cash for the auction! And steaks for K3 (maybe they'll slow him down).  ;D

spyderchick

Cash checks and credit cards are all good at the auction. ;D Bring us your money and bring us anything you think will sell. All for a great cause. :D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteI'm also bringin' cash for the auction! And steaks for K3 (maybe they'll slow him down).  ;D
I'd have to speed up first.  I swear!  Once I get this bike sorted out, I've got a whole bunch of pent-up gofast in my adrenal glands that's just dying to get out.  Hope I get a chance to use it before the year ends...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Nate R

QuoteNate, who cares who else is racing, concentrate on you.

SD: Part of the reason I'm out here is that I'd like to do well. So, I do care about who else is out there. Also, next year, I'll be in college, paying my own way, so I want to keep racing on a low a budget as I can, so if I can get Tire Contigency, I'm all for that. I would love to be a front running AM, as being as fast as Ed key is just NOT gonna happen with a NORMAL SS legal SV once im an expert.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

the_weggie_man

Super Dave

QuoteEd who?  ??? ;D

Exactly.

Nate, Ed isn't fast just because of his bike.  It's cool, but Jesse Janich's bike is pretty straight forward.  He's very experienced on dirt track, but not in road racing.  His last fast time at Blackhawk was a 1:16 something another.  He said he couldn't go any faster.  I told him that he was wrong, and he did a 1:15.1.  

Doing better is good, and I want to do the same.  But, focusing more so on what we do as riders, and suspension tuners, is more important.  Just getting in faster doesn't cut it.  Doing the right things at the right time patiently will get you going faster around the track...and usually with less physical effort.

Make sense?

I was in your shoes once, so I know what you're up against.
Super Dave

Nate R

Makes sense. I guess my point about Ed was that unless I become a lot faster than he is as a rider, I won't be beating him ever. If we had equal skill, his bike would be a lot faster, and thus he'd win. Ed's bike weighs about 315 lbs, and Ed's as skinny as a rail. I'd never come close to that P/W ratio on a SS legal SV, as I wouldnt have the $$$ to.

So, I'm enjoying the closer potential chance of victory while I can......But I know that really comes down to me as a rider more than anything else.  
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Super Dave

Hey, you've got to have something to shoot for.  

And Ed has spent a lot of money on learning over the years.  He and I will both tell you all the funny things that we've done.  Experience does count.  Regardless, I won't let any of that keep Jesse Janisch from slowing down.  I continually challenge him with some ideas.

Got to keep learning...
Super Dave