News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Quit my job...

Started by OmniGLH, June 27, 2003, 12:44:29 PM

OmniGLH

Hey all,

A few weeks ago I posted here looking for advice, as I was contemplating quitting my job.  I just realized I never followed up with all of you, so I thought I'd share.

I wound up quitting Motorola (yee-haa!!!!) and taking the contract job with MyPoints.com.  So far, I LOVE IT.  It is 100x better than my last job.  The people here are awesome - the morale here is unbelieveable.  Everyone WANTS to work here.  My manager kicks butt, very easy going.  The job is way different from what I'm used to - but it's actually fun.  I look forward to coming in each day (that hasn't happened since I worked for a pizza joint in HS!)  The pay is ~ the same, if not maybe a liiiitle less (like say $100/mo less.)  But the freetime.. my God I don't know what to do with myself.  I'm not used to being home at 6:30 every night, not used to having EVERY weekend open... damn it's nice.

So anyways, thanks for all the advice and kind words of wisdom - it was all taken into consideration and much appreciated  :)
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

spyderchick

Great update. I'm thrilled you followed your heart and not the $$$. See? You're almost normal now! ;) :D ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Bernie

That's awesome.  It's amazing what a happy and motivated workplace can do.

clutch

congrats dude...you will be happier!!

K3 Chris Onwiler

The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Super Dave

I need to quit my job too...

Just loose too much doing my school program... :P

Good for you though!
Super Dave