TrackAddix July 3rd Practice day at MAM

Started by TrackAddix, June 24, 2003, 05:06:34 PM

TrackAddix

???  Hey Gang!
I am very surprised that even after our price drop we have had very few sign-ups for our July 3rd Racers Only Dial in Day at Mid-America Motorplex.  Being a racer myself, I really thought there would be a lot of people who would jump all over the opportunity to get in some extra practice and have a full day of testing to get ready for such a big race weekend.  Not to mention being able to snag that prime location in the paddock and get your pit set up a day ahead of time.

:D This event has been designed expressly for you.  Lithium Motorsports, Mason Racin, and Central Race Tire will all be there to provide you with tire support.  We will have corner workers and an ambulance on site.  The food concession will be available.  We will be giving away a FREE set of race tires to one lucky winner!!!

This event is limited to 40 riders total and with our "No Session" format you will get more than enough track time to be ready for the weekend.  There has been some skepticism regarding the "No Session" thing (Super Dave).  We have been involved with and attended many no session track days out west for several years.  Believe me, they really do work just fine.  For those of you who are afraid to try a new concept, please go to our website, www.trackaddix.com and review our exclusive "Skeptics Gurarantee" which you will find under our Refund Policy.  

Note to Super Dave, if you are turning low 30's lap times at MAM, please DO NOT attend our track day.   Leave the slot open for someone who really needs the practice. :)  

For those of you who are "thrifty" when it comes to price.  Let me just say this, "If you've never tasted steak, you are satisfied with hamburger".  

TZRACER is exactly right (Thank you tzracer for your positive comments!).  These events are not cheap to put on and I cannot compete with the pricing of the track owner, nor am I interested in doing so.  We run a highly organized, full service event that is dedicated to motorcycles.  The number of riders is limited.  There are no sessions.  You will NOT be sharing the track with cars or go-karts.  And you will have all brands tire service and support from well known shops in the racing community.  Some people are willing to pay a little extra for a high quality track day and some people are not.  

Here's another way to look at it.  If this extra practice enables you to finish in a higher position and earn more contingency money, then doesn't this pay for your track day in the end?

There will not be any "half day" pricing.  Let's do some math here.  Many of you are paying over $140 to attend track days put on by other groups at MAM.  These other groups run three 20 minute sessions.  If your lucky enough to get 7 sessions in a day, that comes to 2 hours and 20 minutes of track time.  At a TrackAddix track day the track will be available from 9 - 6 except for a 1 hour lunch break.  So even if you showed up at 1:30 in the afternoon, you would still have 4 hours and 30 minutes of track time available to you.

One last point to consider.  If you are planning on arriving at the track sometime Thursday to get set up for the events starting on Friday and you are not part of our track day, for many reasons, especially liability, you will not be allowed through the gate until our event has concluded at 6 pm.

I don't know what other information I can clear up for anyone.  The deadline for the early registration price of $120 is June 26th.  Surprisingly, we still have plenty of slots left so if you were planing on attending, please get your payment and sign-up forms in to us over the next couple of days.  Your slot is NOT locked in until we receive your payment.

Thanks for listening and please call our toll free number 1-888-234-4740 if you have any other questions.  I hope to see you at the track!!!

Dean Rumfola
www.TrackAddix.com

Super Dave

QuoteNote to Super Dave, if you are turning low 30's lap times at MAM, please DO NOT attend our track day.   Leave the slot open for someone who really needs the practice. :)

LOL!  Everyone needs practice...as long as they make changes, otherwise, it's futile.

I'll be eating steak at Austin's in Omaha...and I've got to bring a La Casa's pizza for Sean...
Super Dave

spyderchick

QuoteI'll be eating steak at Austin's in Omaha...and I've got to bring a La Casa's pizza for Sean...
Dave, I thought that you weren't into "Omaha steaks" ;D ;D ;D ;D (I take it this place is good?)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Chef

Dean,

For the record, My comments on the other thread may have appeared to be negative to you, and i apologize if so, and also if antone read it and thought a second time about attending your event.
I only considered myself voicing one of (i hope) many opinions around, I, in no way, think myself to be a leader or spokesman for any group, let alone racers..
so, please do not take my comments as I spoke against the opportunity to set-up for a race weekend as i am totaly in favor of such!
(im just one of the strapped for cash) there wasnt anything personal or professional intended, just discussion...
Thanx, Ike... 8)
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

TrackAddix

Ike (Chef),
 :D No Worries!  We have been dealing with a lot of comments like that.  It is difficult to compete with the owner of the track when it comes to pricing.  But his "cheap" track days are just that.  They are short notice, no services, you split sessions with cars, go-karts, etc and designed to bring in a lot of people.  At TrackAddix we deal in Quality rather than Quantity.  We really do run a "class" act.  We have been involved with this for several years out west and it has been very successful out there.  We realize we are new and our concept is new to the people in the mid-west and it will take some time to build a clientle.  There are many differences between a track day with sessions and one without sessions.  Besides the obvious, the other differences are hard to explain.  It's just one of those things you have to experience to understand.  Our first event, last Monday, was a success!  Of course we didn't have the numbers we would have liked to seen (we lost our shirts on that one!) but the weather was fantanstic, everyone had a great time, and all left begging for us to have more dates and vowing to never want to ride sessions again.  Believe me, one you experience a "No Session" track day it spoils you in a hurry and you will never be satisfied riding sessions again.  
Thanks for letting me know about the Brainard thing.  I am going to extend the early registration pricing until June 30th to give everyone a chance to take advantage of the cheaper price.
Hope to see you at one our events!
Dean Rumfola
www.TrackAddix.com

Super Dave

QuoteDave, I thought that you weren't into "Omaha steaks" ;D ;D ;D ;D (I take it this place is good?)

Austin's is good...And no one in Omaha eats Omaha Steaks...that's the stuff we'd let everyone have...
 ;D
Super Dave