News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Summit Point Practice?

Started by 1fastmofo, June 24, 2003, 07:47:02 AM

1fastmofo

Guys,

Does anyone know for sure if there is practice on July 11th (Friday) at Summit Point? I plan on racing there the 12th & 13th. But, I do not know the track. Also if there is practice, who do I have to contact, how much is it, and do they allow camping?

Thanks!

motodirty

;)Just go to www.ccsracing.com and get the track info there.  They always have camping at there track.  Practice is almost always $100 bucks.  Check the website for the dates or just call Summit Point.

CCS243

Ah, sad to say, but since the "new" Shenandoah circuit wasn't ready for the 4 wheelers, we will be spending our L-P SRD time on the Jefferson circuit on Frday 7/11.  Nice 1.1 mile track for tune and test, suspension setup and training, but we race on the main circuit on Saturday and Sunday.

1fastmofo

Oh man!  >:(

I just called Summit Point. Friday they are running the Jefferson Circuit. Which means even if I went down there to practice I wouldn't be learnging the course I'd be racing on. Why would CCS even save Friday for practice if it's a whole different track? :'(

Pardon the newbie question, but isn't that a little unsafe? I'll still be learning the track during my races. I don't think a few practice sessions in the morning would be suffiencent.

Can anyone share their experience of if they were able to learn a new track in the morning and then race during the afternoon?  ???

TreyBone

It kind of depends on the track. Like Roebling Road, you can learn real easy. Pretty much what you see is what you get.  On the other hand, VIR takes some seat time to get fast there. :P

dwilson

I have a video of the track.  It's really big though (26 meg).  I can e-mail it to you if you want.

1fastmofo

Dwilson,

Is there anywhere that will host a file that big? I know my mailbox limit at home won't support it, neither will my mailbox at work. Man, G.E. sux. Ha ha!  ;D

dwilson

I ftp-ed it to someone's website...
http://www.warriorscentral.com/don/

This is a video from the NESBA expert group.  I believe your watching Scott Powers, I don't remember who filmed it.

bmfgsxr

i should be there on the 11th also(as long as my boss gives me off that day). i dont know the track well either. i have only been there once for a couple of races. ill keep an eye out for #555. 8)

zeroice

is the practice on friday a CCS event? how much money are we talking about?
Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707

1fastmofo

Yeah, I'll be there on the 11th.  ;D

I'm not going to practice though. I'm going to just set up my pit area and hopefully get a chance to jog the track. Hopefully that'll help me learn the track.

Dwilson, thank you so much for that video. I've watched it like 20 times. I think it'll actually help.

So, if anyone is going to be there. I have the old blue and yellow F2 #555. It's kinda hard to miss. Come over and say hi.

Ray

CCS243

Please pass this information on to any and all who may be interested.

The next Lockhart-Phillips Sport Rider Day will be conducted by CCS at the Jefferson Circuit on Friday, July 11th.  The circuit is a 1.1 mile training track with a variety of corner types that make a fine place to do tune and test.  We encourage street riders to join us on this date, you can have a urge to go on track, this is the time and place for you.  We run three groups:

Street Riders - These folks need minimum bike preparation, group is instructed and controlled on track.  A great, no pressure way to start.
Sport Riders - These folks have attended prior Sport Rider Days and are monitored on track.  Additional bike preparation is required.
Advanced Riders  These folks have demonstrated skills equal to licensed racers and have fully race prepared motorcycles.  No restrictions.

All unlicensed Lockhart-Phillips SRD participants pay a $100 fee, plus an annual (2003) membership of $25.   SRD participants are expected to pass a written exam based on the materials located at:

http://www.formulausa.com/forms/03%20Sport%20Rider%20Day%20Certification%20Outline%20V1.pdf and
http://www.formulausa.com/pdf_files/03FUSA_RoadRaceRules.pdf

Lockhart Phillips Sport Rider Applications are located at:

http://www.formulausa.com/forms/03%20CCS%20Sport%20Rider%20Application.pdf  

CCS licensed racers pay a $75 practice fee.

Registration and tech inspection open at 7:30 AM.   Mandatory riders meeting at 8:30AM.  Practice will start at 9:00AM.  Lunch break around 12:30PM.  Practice order will be Expert CCS Racers, Amateur and qualified Advanced SRD Riders, Sport Riders, then Street Riders.   Track density determines combining or splitting groups.  After the lunch break, MARRC RRS students will be added to the rotation.  Practice will end at 5:00PM when MARRC RRS conducts its mock race.

Pre and Post Entry Registration for the CCS events will be conducted after the lunch break.  The main circuit is being used by the 4 wheeled folks, so move in to that  paddock will not take place until after 5PM.