News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Should we buy CCS from CCE?

Started by motomadness, June 23, 2003, 08:08:13 AM

ysr612

QuoteMoney.

I have thought about a racer owned organization, ....
but I think it might be difficult. We have a fairly While a nice idea, I think the running of such a large organization by the members would be difficult. Even having a represetative from each region would be difficult (when, where, how often would they meet, etc).

The CMRA is racer owned the USA one

slclark65

Jack,

I am still waiting for your reply.  I'ms ure it is taking along time to have to think that far back.

SliderPhoto

QuoteJack,

I am still waiting for your reply.  I'ms ure it is taking along time to have to think that far back.

Sure, you never took the time to get back to me but you expect me to get back to you... Don't hold your breath.

slclark65

Thats fine with me.  I didn't lose any sleep than I and sure won't lose any now.  I don't care what you thought of me then or now as a matter of fact.  I guess the riders were a priority back then, more so than a photographer.  Like I said, there were other people in that office at the time.  I sure wasn't the only one.  

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteThe production of results is done by the Wednesday following each event, points are updated by Thursday, then the html's are sent to the internet department for posting. This is where we get hung up sometimes. Depending on what their work load is, they can be posted within hours, or sometimes days. They have more than just CCS to look after and CCE's policy doesn't allow a non-CCE person to post content on their sites. So even if we sent the results to you to process, they would still have to go through the CCE Internet department. They are doing a better job than previous years, and for that I am grateful.

We are developing a new program that will intergrate the electronic scoring and the complete Race Series Management System into one program that will be capable of genterating individual laptimes/race results/career information for access through our website, but as those who are programmers know, it takes time. Steve has been working on it for 3 years and it is finally close enough to actually test, but it is at least 6 months away from it's debut in our series. This program is the most complete ever designed for any racing series, and when it is unveiled I'm sure you will all agree that it was worth the effort.

I look forward to seeing the system you've described in action. I realize that the website aspect of CCS is relatively new as compared to how long CCS has been around, so that alone can help to describe the current situation as "growing pains". CCS having a website is appreciated (and expected, to be honest), but the fact that it isn't kept up to date as soon as most would think it should be able to be is the frustrating part.

The due process of how results are handled (as described by you) helps to shed some light on where CCS stands in the food chain of CCE, we apparently must be the bottom feeders of CCE. For example, our points for the MW/GL/GP regions have not been updated for almost a month - according to the process you described that would put it at 3 weeks in the internet departments hands since leaving CCS processing. That's pretty bad, we must be kept at the bottom of the pile in the CCE internet department.

Hopefully the new system will help to eliminate that delay and keep CCS independently responsible, instead of being treated as the bastard step-child by CCE. ;)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

motomadness

Stacey,

Not to get on your bad side, but if your attitude is in anyway representative of how CCS used to be run (behind the scenes of course), then I look forward to the future.  Jack has and will continue to be a vital part of CCS, NESBA, Mid-West Riders and many other organizations because he provides racers and spectators (and the LP USA catalog) with a means to capture moments in their lives with his high quality product and services.  If you can't see the value in that, you never got it.  I also take offense to your attempt to debase the services Jack provides us.

slclark65

I believe Shaw I spoke to you many times while I was employed with CCS.  Looking back at my notes, I see where we talked a few times.  Anyone that knows me knows that I was very dedicated to the riders and to the organization.  But I have nothing to do with it now, so I don't care what anyone thinks of me. I gained respect from many and if I didn't from him, i'm sorry.  But not my problem anymore.