TrackAddix "Dial in Day" at MAM for July CCS races

Started by TrackAddix, June 17, 2003, 04:42:09 PM

TrackAddix

:)Hello Everyone,

I just want to spread the word about a track day we will be hosting at Mid-America on July 3rd right before the big CCS race weekend.  This will be a "Dial in Day" for licensed racers only.  Dunlop, Michelin, Bridgestone, and Pirelli tire support will be on site.  Corner workers, ambulance, food concessions will also be available.  The hot pit will be open for setup.

Our format is "No Sessions".  The track will be open all day, except for lunch or crash recovery.  You can stay on the track as long as you want, get on and off the track when you want as often as you want.
This event is limited to 40 riders total and we expect it to sell out rapidly.  

Come on out and snag that prime spot in the paddock and get yourself and your bike totally "dialed in" for the race weekend.

Please visit our website www.trackaddix.com for more information.

See you at the track!
Dean and Kim Rumfola
www.trackaddix.com

Dawn

FYI....

To find pricing information, you have to look under "Events"

I looked all over before I found it.  I hope this helps.

Dawn   :)

Super Dave

So, no sessions means that riders that are turning lap times in the 1:30 range will have to try to be safe around a rider that is going substantially slower?  Sounds like a recipe for disaster.  Can you elaborate?
Super Dave

TrackAddix

Dave,
What is the speed difference between the leader of a race and the back marker he is lapping?  MAM is a big wide track with plenty of passing room.  

Our event is limited to 40 riders total.  Not everyone will be on the track at the same time so there should be plenty of room to work your way around a slower rider.  

Everyone will be a licensed racer, so no one should get spooked when being passed by a fast guy.  

It is a test and tune/practice day.  Everyone will get plenty of track time so there is no need to stuff a slower rider in a corner.  There is no need to ride at 100% of your limit and take a chance on crashing right before a big race weekend.

Please go to our website www.trackaddix.com and review the FAQ and Rider's Briefing Sections.  Also click on the events button and then on the left menu bar click on our Refund policy and review our Skeptics Guarantee.

Hope to see you at the track!
Dean Rumfola

Super Dave

QuoteWhat is the speed difference between the leader of a race and the back marker he is lapping?  MAM is a big wide track with plenty of passing room.

Thanks for the reply, Dean.

If a rider in an expert race were off the pace by about 11 seconds, which is quite a bit, they could get lapped in a GT race.  However, were talking about experts.  Now put in some amateurs, how about some experieced track riders running 20 or more seconds off, and then some inexperienced track riders running 30 or more seconds off.  Put that guy on an EX500 with an expert road racer closing in on an R1 with about 40MPH.  A minor move in the wrong direction WILL end up in one or two riders on the ground.  

And as for MAM being wide.  Sure, it's wide, but it is very, very technical.  The passing areas are pretty hard to find.  The recipe you have looks like a good avenue to someone getting hurt.  Might just be inexperience on your part, but it's your day.  I don't see where what you have would be of much safe value to a licensed road racer, but, again, it is your day.
Super Dave

TrackAddix

Dave,
I don't want to get into a debate with you over my track days.  A "No Session" track day is not for everyone and some people are just to skeptical to give something new a try.  

It seems that many of your CCS competitors do not agree with your views because my slots are filling rapidly.  These people will have the advantage of a whole day of practice to get their set-ups done before the race weekend.  And, they will have first dibs on the prime parking areas in the paddock.  Ya know, the ones that don't turn into a lake if it rains.  MAM does have some drainage problems in that paddock don't they!?

Your right, there is a possibility of a faster rider closing on a slower rider.  I reiterate, this is not a race day.  It is a test and tune/practice day.  All riders will be licensed racers.  No street riders allowed!  If you do come up on a rider who is significantly slower than you are, simply back off the throttle, make a safe pass, and then go about your business.

The event is limited to 40 riders total.  Not everyone is on the track at the same time so most of the time you are riding by yourself and free to set whatever pace you want.

There is a group in Nevada that holds "No Session" days at the track up in Pahrump.  I have attended many of their days and this "No Session" thing really does work.  The track in Pahrump is narrower and just as technical as MAM.  They don't even use corner workers and there has never been a problem.  The day works out very well and they have no trouble selling out every one of their events.

I hope that you will thoroughly review our website and decide to give us a try.  But if not, that is OK.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions and skepticisms and I have plenty of other riders who are very excited about the freedoms and advantages offered by not being limited by sessions.

Keep the rubberside down and the best of luck to you at the races.

Dean Rumfola
www.TrackAddix.com

K3 Chris Onwiler

Rats.  I really wanted to test Friday, but $175 ia a lot of cash.  I'm used to $100.  Guess I'm out. :(
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

tzracer

July 3rd is a Thursday not a Friday. MAM is a twin sprint event with practice and GT races on friday.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

sdiver68

Darn, Super_Dave, I was hoping you would make it out for the Trackday on the 3rd.  Now that I have my bike running well and the geometry close, I think I can benefit from some track specific instruction.

In May MAM, I got lapped by the Tularis in GTO  :o  I trust guys running low 30's know how to deal with us slow people  :-/
MCRA Race School Instructor

Mongrel

Dave you should try a no session track day sometime.  If run right it is absolutely no problem.  Restrict attendees and emphasis courtesy riding.  We have run them with T.E.A.M AZ at Firebird and I have attended them at Pahrump NV without a problem.  We have everything from full blown 1000's to 125 GP bikes and everything in-between.  No session track days are great for test and tune, and let you relax.  It can be real fun.

Super Dave

QuoteDave you should try a no session track day sometime...

You guys all have good points.

However, if you're going to ACTUALLY test and tune something, you must actually get up to speed and make the bike work in a way that needs to be changed.  You don't know what to fix until you break it...and this goes for suspension.

This is also the reason why some teams rent tracks on their own.  

I can appreciate that you've got guys coming to your program.  MAM is expensive to rent.  So, yeah, $175 is a good deal for MAM, but not for some of the local practice days, and even some schools, out a little east.
Super Dave