VP For VIR

Started by xlr8tn, June 16, 2003, 07:00:12 PM

xlr8tn

any vendors going to be there?  or do i need to pre-buy.

-brent

r6_philly

What do you use? VP has vendors at all FUSA events, I am thinking about buying 15 Gal of MR1. Wanna split?

phillip

VIR has VP pumps. Just use credit card.
Phillip
EX 56
Cornerspeed.net

r6_philly

QuoteVIR has VP pumps. Just use credit card.

They are 94, 100, 104 and 110 grades I think, not the fuel they sell that caters to motorcycles. remember MR1 is only about 90 octane, if you put the 100 and above fuel in your bike it probably will loose power.

Peanut

Dafan,

Recovered & racing next week?

xlr8tn

QuoteWhat do you use? VP has vendors at all FUSA events, I am thinking about buying 15 Gal of MR1. Wanna split?

I ran the VP Ultimate 4 or something like that...not MR1...was about 45$ and affordable.  Anyone get contingency from these guys yet?  If they're not paying due to this "MUST buy FROM track VENDOR crap", I'm going to stick with pump.  I filled out contingency form and purchased from GAMEDIC prior to RRR and took this long to finish the stuff.  They can't expect us to buy 5gal each race weekend!

Dafan,
Glad to see your healing and focused on VIR.  Something to look forward to.  I am just getting over minor incident in turn 1 during practice ...neck and back issues, but glad we had the big break between events.  Are you all doing the GTU on Friday? May do this for practice instead of going down on thurs.  Anyone racing FUSA stuff?

-brent

r6_philly

I put MR1 in the bike on the dyno and I saw the difference, so I rather use that or just pump gas. I know $13 a gallon is a bit high, but it is still the cheapest hp you can get.

I am going to do the GTU on Friday, if I dont feel right I will just pull off. I have a bit of work to do on my bike this week, but I think I am going to be ok I think. Physically I feel fine, a little stiff, and a lot weak, but I am going to work out a bit before VIR and maybe good for a few sprints.

I signed up for the ulgp on sunday, but I may cancel it and leave early, my buddy whos driving down with me only want to stay til Sat night, so I dont think I will be able to.

xlr8tn

Good news...just got a call from VP out of the blue and they were processing contingencies...Anyway, she wanted to know what type of fuel I was using and where I purchased it.  She also stated that she had to send it to Texas??? and they would issue the contingency.  I was hoping to get it prior to VIR, but not sure if it will be here in time.  Glad to see there on the way though!

Marshall

There's no VP at the VIR pumps anymore.  When I was there in April I think it was Sunoco.

Denise

VP has just been informed that VIR will not allow VP admittance to the Formula USA and AMA events.  However, they will allow us to deliver fuel to racers that have preordered and purchased their fuel.  We recommend that you call our Newark, DE office at
302-368-1500 and place your order for these events. Also, anyone coming from the north is welcome to stop at our Delaware warehouse and purchase their fuel, we are located 5 minutes off of exit 1 of I-95.  We do have dealers in Virginia that can help you with your fuel needs and we would be happy to direct you to them.  VP is no longer the official fuel of VIR and therefore it is no longer available in their fuel pumps.  We would be happy to help you with any of your fuel needs.
And yes, we do pay contingency!

xlr8tn

QuoteWhat do you use? VP has vendors at all FUSA events, I am thinking about buying 15 Gal of MR1. Wanna split?

Can I buy 5 gals from you and give it a try?  Let me know, otherwise I'll arrange for some of the ultimate 4.

-brent

P.S. hope your healing well.