trying out sponsors new bike, i TOSSED it..sort of

Started by MELK-MAN, June 14, 2003, 07:32:37 PM

r6_philly

QuoteI might ride an incredibly fast 748 in MW GP or MW SB up there...not sure yet, and I'd be coming from the back.

Can a 748 beat the 600's at daytona? I didnt think they made that much hp even well tuned. Well the 636 may have less of an advantage there because top end wins. So if a bike is well tuned, well geared, and well raced may prevail. I have given up my regional championship hopes, and I will just get enough points to stay in the first 3 rows and hope for a good race and maybe come out on top, or a podium is even very nice...

MELK-MAN

QuoteCan a 748 beat the 600's at daytona? I didnt think they made that much hp even well tuned. Well the 636 may have less of an advantage there because top end wins. So if a bike is well tuned, well geared, and well raced may prevail. I have given up my regional championship hopes, and I will just get enough points to stay in the first 3 rows and hope for a good race and maybe come out on top, or a podium is even very nice...

r6philly.. im in the same boat with you for now. Racing a 22,000 mile 2000f4. It was my 1st bike that i rode on the street, then turned track bike..Gonna be cool to "feel the powaaaa"
Your right though, even the older machinery can be made pretty competitive if you pay attention to gearing, keep good tires on the thing and just stay aboard!..Do you race down here in FL????
later
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

r6_philly

I am in Mid-Atlantic, 2nd overall and 2nd in most MW classes. I was gonna try for a regional champion but the incident at summit point kinda put it out of question. I can ride, but not 100% and the cost of the crash and consequences is going to stop me from going to roebling and barber, so I will be down 2 events.

I raced at Daytona last spring, and this spring. I love the track, and have my own understanding and setting for the track. My bike was very underpowered this Feb, but I manage to lead 3 laps, held a 1-2 second lead for a while, until they drafted each other and caught up to me. My bike made about 95 HP but I was catching up and beating people to the line :) But I already raced against Mulvaney, Meyers, Diaz, plus our own Hector. I want to get grided up front, because if people raced as they did in the spring, I am sure I can hold them off and win a race. I was real close in Feb  ;) ;D

MightyDuc Racing

We're gonna find out how fast that 748 is in the Team Challenge.  It makes over 100hp.  Only a small chance of riding it in the MW classes right now anyways, but as long as it stays together in the TC, I'll be on it for Supertwins.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

MELK-MAN

QuoteI am in Mid-Atlantic, 2nd overall and 2nd in most MW classes. I was gonna try for a regional champion but the incident at summit point kinda put it out of question. I can ride, but not 100% and the cost of the crash and consequences is going to stop me from going to roebling and barber, so I will be down 2 events.

I raced at Daytona last spring, and this spring. I love the track, and have my own understanding and setting for the track. My bike was very underpowered this Feb, but I manage to lead 3 laps, held a 1-2 second lead for a while, until they drafted each other and caught up to me. My bike made about 95 HP but I was catching up and beating people to the line :) But I already raced against Mulvaney, Meyers, Diaz, plus our own Hector. I want to get grided up front, because if people raced as they did in the spring, I am sure I can hold them off and win a race. I was real close in Feb  ;) ;D

sounds like your ridin the wheels of yer bike! cool..
did you know Darrin m. rides a 1998 gsxr??? he does friggin great on that thing..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice