News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

I'm not as old as my daughter thinks I am..

Started by EX#996, June 14, 2003, 09:51:59 AM

EX#996

Last night we went to buy Renee some new roller blades since she grew out of her old ones.  I decided to purchase a pair for myself since they are finally going to pave our road this summer.

Renee noticed that I was trying on some blades and she was concerned that I would really hurt myself.  She thought I was too old and probably couldn't get the hang of it (gosh, I'm not ready for the nursing home yet!   ::)).  I simply said, "Don't worry, I'll be fine."  all the while hoping that I won't make a fool of myself once I strapped them on.

Well, we get home, sweep off the driveway, put the blades on and away we go.  Needless to say, my daughter was quite impressed at my agility on the roller blades.  I then shared with her that I used to ice skate and used to be very good at it.  

Now my daughter thinks her mom is pretty cool....

....  the only thing is  - I have used muscles that I haven't used probably since the last time I went ice skating.  

Where's the Advil?

Dawn   ;)

Paul and Dawn Buxton

Gixxer124

Look on the bright side , it'll probably get worse tomorrow. More Advil! ;)

EX#996

QuoteLook on the bright side , it'll probably get worse tomorrow. More Advil! ;)

LOL!!!

I see that you know what I am talking about.

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Gixxer124

Yeh. The first few race weekends. And hockey tournements when I play 3 or 4 games a day. :o

Super Dave

Super Dave

MightyDuc Racing

I hit the street on my rollerblades for the first time in several months back in March.  All I can say is...try Aleve if Advil doesn't work...and 1 Aleve + 1 Captain Morgan and Vanilla Coke cures all! ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM