News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What's with speedvision lately?

Started by OmniGLH, June 10, 2003, 08:01:54 PM

OmniGLH

Last week, they didn't air Pikes Peak live.  They didn't air it on Two Wheel Tuesday either.

Tonight, they're rerunning Pikes Peak.. and NOTHING from RA.

What gives???
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

r6_philly

thats because you calling it speedvision  :P

What was bad too: they showed the motoGP rerun at 3pm today, and the 125 at 9pm. We mostlikely will miss the motoGP race when we go away on weekends, and the rerun is during work time. Sux!

Woofentino Pugrossi

Well, IMHO, Speed TV wants to eliminate all forms of racing from their channel except Nascrap. INstead of doing it all at once, they are slowly dropping coverage of other racing contrary to what they say. FOX is getting to big for its britches.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

sdiver68

Rob,

I find your position wholly unsupported by the amount of motorcycle racing Speed does show.  E-Mail them about your concerns, everytime I have they have responded with a personalized answer as opposed to a form letter, and always have been comitted to cycles, probably more so then the ratings suggest.
MCRA Race School Instructor

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteRob,

I find your position wholly unsupported by the amount of motorcycle racing Speed does show.  E-Mail them about your concerns, everytime I have they have responded with a personalized answer as opposed to a form letter, and always have been comitted to cycles, probably more so then the ratings suggest.

Then why when "Two Wheeled Tuesday" used to be jammed with motorcycle racing ALL DAY is it now relegated down to a 5 hour slot shown twice in a row?

Why do they show the more popular races in the mid afternoon when everyone is at work?

Why are they showing "Nascar Classics" on Tuesdays when there are plenty of "Roadracing Classics" to be seen?

Your soapbox is crumbling.
 >:(

sdiver68

My soapbox saw most of the Road America event and MotoGP on Saturday and Sunday.  Your soapbox (any other channel) shows NO motorcycle racing.  Which do you prefer to stand on?  ;D

Ideally, I too would like to see, had I my choice, both Superbike races and Supersport from Road America, and the Italian MotoGP this Tuesday, in primetime.  Instead, we saw older and who cares races.  Of course, if those races were that important to you I'd bet you'd set your VCR for any of the 2 previous showings of each.

But, the way to fix that is to write Speed and offer suggestions, not derail all of Speed on a CCS BBS as being about nothing but NASCRAP.
MCRA Race School Instructor

TZDeSioux

Hey suckas! I enjoy the 125GP races very very much. Did you see Roland Sands in American Thunder last night? His custom bike is super fly. I want one of them.

OmniGLH

Uhhh... I wasn't trying to bag on Speedvisi- I mean, SpeedTV.

I just kind of expected them to re-air Sunday's races on TWT.  I was looking forward to parking my butt on the couch all night to watch it on my bigscreen (my VCR is upstairs in the bedroom and it's pain to move it downstairs so I can watch RA on tape.)

What I found really odd was that they chose to re-air PPIR instead of RA... which was 2 weeks old?  And why wasn't PPIR aired live like every other AMA weekend is?
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

TreyBone

Also... Greg White is a freaking DORK.  Who let that fag on TV not to mention his own "garage".

Dawn

Greg White....  while not appealing to those who know motorcycle racing like we do....  does appeal to those not familiar with the sport.  

He takes what is happening in the race and breaks it down in ways a 'NASCAR' fan can understand.  We needed someone to appeal to the masses and he may be able to do that.  Perhaps with this program, we can bring more interest and spectators to our sport.

Dawn   ;)

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteHe takes what is happening in the race and breaks it down in ways a 'NASCAR' fan can understand.  We needed someone to appeal to the masses and he may be able to do that.  Perhaps with this program, we can bring more interest and spectators to our sport.

Dawn   ;)

And does he do that by sitting in his trailer home, sitting in a la-z-boy, eating cheese puffs, readin the National Enquirer, watching Springer (while thinking up a way to get on Springer) and strummin a banjo. ;D ;D

Sd, Since FOX took over SV, we lost powerboat racing, aviation shows, LOTS of rally racing, the full seasons of BRitish and Austrailian Supercars, teh SCCA runoffs and they cut TWT down to 4-5hrs, of which is now mostly 30 min talk type shows.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Eddie#200

QuoteAnd does he do that by sitting in his trailer home, sitting in a la-z-boy, eating cheese puffs, readin the National Enquirer, watching Springer (while thinking up a way to get on Springer) and strummin a banjo. ;D ;D

Sd, Since FOX took over SV, we lost powerboat racing, aviation shows, LOTS of rally racing, the full seasons of BRitish and Austrailian Supercars, teh SCCA runoffs and they cut TWT down to 4-5hrs, of which is now mostly 30 min talk type shows.

They should call it NASCAR channel and be done with it.