News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Started by motomadness, June 10, 2003, 12:57:33 PM

TiffineyIngram

Sean, please see my post about the Blackhawk results.

Points are updated as soon as the races are finalized in our computer.  However, I do not post them.  I send them to Chicago to be posted, and after that it is out of my hands.  I get frustrated like all of you.  CCS IS doing the job you're paying for.  If you don't see the results you're looking for, let me know and I can send them to you.  If you don't see the points, same thing.  I'm not going to monitor a message board to check for problems--but if you tell me what's wrong, I can make it right.

GAMEDIC

Tiff...is there a # we can call there to talk to the people that are posting them?

dylanfan53

How are points allocated anyway?  i.e. If I take a first (65 pts) and a second (60 pts) do I get 125 pts for the day?  Are there some races that are not awarded points?  I can't make sense of the overall points I'm supposed to have. Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I never paid much attention since I'm supposed to be doing it for fun.
Thanks.  
Don Cook
CCS #53

motomadness

Tiffiney,

Like I said, my comments weren't directed to one individual, but to the processing of reporting/publishing results.  I do and have appreciated your willingness to send individuals the results, but I think that is going beyond the process that is in place.  If you continue to circumvent the process, then the people on the other end, will not realize the true desires of the membership, especially the more vocal ones.

What can we (the membership) do to make CCE get the point?

EX#996

QuoteHow are points allocated anyway?  i.e. If I take a first (65 pts) and a second (60 pts) do I get 125 pts for the day?  Are there some races that are not awarded points?  I can't make sense of the overall points I'm supposed to have. Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I never paid much attention since I'm supposed to be doing it for fun.
Thanks.  

Don:

You would get points for each class and points for the overall standings in your region.  For example, if you took 1st in LWSS you would receive 65 points for that class, if you took 2nd in LWSB you would receive 60 points in that class.  However in the overall point standings, you would receive a total of 125 points (the sportsman classes and F40 do not count towards the overall).

I hope this helps, and if you are Don Cook from the MW region (AM #53), I could send you and Excel file that may help explain it.  Shoot me an e-mail if you would like it.

Thanks for reminding everyone that this is supposed to be for fun.  The board has been a little cranky lately.

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteTiffiney,

What can we (the membership) do to make CCE get the point?

Simple. Hit them where it hurts. Their pocket book. Someone could contact WERA and see if they could set up a region in the Midwest that is based out of BHF. Just a thought. :-/
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

EX#996

QuoteSimple. Hit them where it hurts. Their pocket book. Someone could contact WERA and see if they could set up a region in the Midwest that is based out of BHF. Just a thought. :-/

Whaa Haaa Haaa Haaa....

Rob:

You think WERA's any different?  Perhaps you should go read their board sometime.  

www.wera.com

At least CCS offers some sort of refund if you crash out of the weekend, WERA, the last I heard was NO REFUNDS!  Also, there was talk about banning pit bikes in the paddock, Mongo (Sean Clark) was pretty set on that idea.  Can you imagine that at RA?

Yep, the grass is always greener.......

Dawn   :D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

zx9r-racer

CCS offers no refunds that I am aware of if you crash out of a weekend.  A friend of mine crashed in Vegas and lost all of his entry fees (roughly 6 races worth, I believe).

EX#996

QuoteCCS offers no refunds that I am aware of if you crash out of a weekend.  A friend of mine crashed in Vegas and lost all of his entry fees (roughly 6 races worth, I believe).

There is a refund form at registration that you need to fill out.  We have crashed out of some weekends (unfortunately) and have received monies back.  

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

SlowDragon

I had one of my many mechanical failures :( in Firebird and was able to fill in a form to get at least one of my entry fees back. The form also included a section for withdrawing due to a crash.

There were some rules about forfeiting the first race entered for the day or something but I got three $ 35 credit vouchers back so the process does work.

Simon

CCS #105
AFM #405

SlowDragon

Oops. That doesn't make a lot of sense!!

I mean I got three of my four races refunded!!

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote Also, there was talk about banning pit bikes in the paddock, Mongo (Sean Clark) was pretty set on that idea.  Can you imagine that at RA?

Hell we might see pitbikes banned at BHF if some of those morons dont stop their screwing around with them. Security is getting real tired of yelling at teh same people. BTW isnt there a rule in the book that pit bikes have to have the competitor's number on them?  ;D And isnt the competitor responsible for the actions of his crew?  ;D I dont know if you remembr that guy who rode the pocket bike around during the riders meeting without a muffler on it?
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod