News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Rain Suits

Started by xlr8tn, June 08, 2003, 11:44:17 AM

xlr8tn

What kind of rain suits are those being used in the AMA race?  A guy at roebling bought one of those white painter's suits from home depot, but it only held up for a lap or two.

-brent

GSXR RACER MIKE

I don't know what the AMA guys are using but I can give you the type that I use. We have a store chain here in Illinois called 'Farm & Fleet' that carries alot of heavy-duty use products, from tools to clothing. I purchased my 2 piece rain suit from them, it's made by 'Walls' clothing. The coat and pants are both waterproof, windproof, durable, and extremely breathable. I purchased them in XL so they would fit over my leathers and I keep them in my truck at all times incase it starts raining anytime. I have used them a couple times so far this year while racing and must admit they are completely waterproof and don't allow the wind to penetrate either. They cost me just under $100 combined, but they are holding up great and I use the coat all the time outside of racing, so it's well worth the money.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Woofentino Pugrossi

I have one from Farm And Fleet too. Totally forgot about it at the May BHF rain races. :o
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

EX#996

Go to the hunting and fishing section of your local sporting goods store.  They will have rain suits that are heavy duty and in sizes that will fit over your leathers (although they may be in a drab green or camoflage colors).  

Paul has had and used his rain suit (two piece) for the past two years.  Total investment.  $35.00.

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

tzracer

Since I street ride I just use my old rainsuit. For street riding cheap rainsuits don't do the trick. I currently have  Fieldsheer one piece that I used on the street for 10 years before it developed a couple small leaks. Works great at the track.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

spyderchick

The best rain suit we ever purchased was from the turn 10 store @ BHFs for $14. We still have it and it has been used to race, and Roger uses it to ride when ever it rains (he commutes 25+miles one way) I think after 4 years we're due for a new one. Hope they're still available.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".