Gotta be joking..more bling bling here...LOL

Started by clutch, June 07, 2003, 01:17:21 PM

Nate R

Motorcyclist covered these recently. Offered in 3 compounds, and they're retreads made by a company that does plane tire retreads (which are good to 225+) These tires were supposed to cost like $250/set in the US, I think this guy is making a FORTUNE!
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Protein Filled

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

ceesthadees

QuoteMotorcyclist covered these recently. Offered in 3 compounds, and they're retreads made by a company that does plane tire retreads (which are good to 225+) These tires were supposed to cost like $250/set in the US, I think this guy is making a FORTUNE!

He will not make a fortune if nobody buys them, which is what I am hoping.

dwilson

I could have sworn I've read in someone's rule book that these type of tires are race illegal.  I just looked through the CCS / FUSA rulebook and it only says that tires must be in good condition...  

I wouldn't use them on the track but why not on the street?  I guess my sense of style is a little louder than yours...  and no, I do *not* own a fur covered bike  ::)

ceesthadees

Yeah, you're right. Just not my style.

BTW. There was a fur covered motorcycle in the Miami area that used to occasionally race CCS. I later saw a picture of him in a British motorcycle mag. So maybe that fur covered thing is our way to stardom. 8)

sdiver68

QuoteI could have sworn I've read in someone's rule book that these type of tires are race illegal.  I just looked through the CCS / FUSA rulebook and it only says that tires must be in good condition...

Many tracks make them illegal whether or not CCS cares.  I guess they don't want different colored skidmarks all over the track.  It is really a bigger issue with the cars, which have had different colored tires for awhile.
MCRA Race School Instructor