News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Off Season

Started by Mongrel, October 18, 2001, 01:39:00 PM

Mongrel

With the end of the season just around the corner, and for some of us already here, how do you all plan on keeping your edge over the off season.

I am going to try and hit a few track days, and at least one school (Star).  I get to go over and play in the big sandbox for the next month so I should have plenty of time to keep up on my workout regime.  I may get a dirt bike when I get back to see how that works out, but it seems like everyone that has a dirt bike get hurt in some fashion or other, usually minor but it always seems to happen just before a race weekend.

Or I may just sit around drink beer and watch all my Speedvision tapes and do a lot of bench racing.  I always seem to remember being much faster the more I drink.

Been a little slow around here lately.

RickyRacer

Well,.. there's always Ice racing. Don't know about those spiked tires though,.. OUCH!!

It's not too bad down in swap laws of South Florida. Our last race of the season is in December and our first race of the season is in February.  But I would trade all that to move up GA/SC area. There's great roads and a whole lot of tracks.    
"HEY!, quit being a hog and pass the racepipe"
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

Skid_Jackson

Edge?? Keep it?? Hell i'm still trying to find it?? I plan on doing lots of skiing!! I'm much better at that then racing motorcycles anyway!! ;D I also might throw some ice tires on the drz and slide around on some of the local ponds

sportbikepete

2 months of beer, wings, and sex. Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

fzr400tony

wrenching on my fzr, should keep my knuckles a cool shade of blood-red and stripped bolts should keep the "edge" on through the off-season.  maybe the gods of the lottery will smile down on me.  :)

JFlack

Well, got the new bike over from Suzuka, ripped the old bodywork off and put on the new speedfibre A-kit stuff on with the higher volume ram air and airbox.  put in a new crank, case cooling ducts, cleaned up the cases, bought all new gearing, changed my wheel bearings (wow.. the old ones were shot even on my spare wheels!), changed all the engine bushings out for new ligher billet ones, swapped out the shock linkage, New VHM billet heads with all new inserts, new rotors, and am installing a new BPS programmable kit ignition out of the European Championship bikes, tweaked the engine cutouts on the speed  shifter, adjusted the power valve on the ignition and finally got a new windscreen, dropped in a shorter insulator, changed out the red cage and put in new carbon multi frequency reeds, chopped off the stinger 20mm and that's about it.  The new 125 should be a rocket this year!  We'll see how the new michelins do on the 19th & 20th at NFMP...

Other than that I'm running stairs, lots of time working out and trying to get to florida a couple times a month so I don't make a complete idiot out of myself at Daytona.

Jonathan