News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Road Racer X, new Magazine

Started by CCS_106, June 03, 2003, 05:22:41 AM

CCS_106

I recieved my first copy of Road Racer X magazine yesterday and for a first issue I'm pretty impressed.

For those moto crossed challenged they have a Racer X mag for the "dirty" riders that is a look behind professional racing.

Highlights:

The contents page has a great shot of Duhammel flipping off another rider.  The photography is eye popping like the British magazines.

Columnist include Randy Mamola , Colin Edwards,Dean Adams, and Nicky Hayden. There is a hot lap around Valencia with Ruben Xaus (he made it all the way around in the article with out falling off). A full CCS schedule. An article about the last 250 race at Daytona with a lot of beautiful pics.  Daytona flat track coverage. A long article about Tommy Hayden.

Also a long article about the Ducatti cup, err I mean World Super Bike.  Serveral pages about Eddie Lawsons last win at Daytona against Scott Russel,  Racing on Catalina Island before the granola eatting pussies out lawed it.  Colin Edwards work on developing the Aprila Cube.  An article on Jamie Stauffer wunder kid.  A lot of adds, and I mean a lot, and a host of minor articles.

Anyway I have a sub now, but am pleasantly suprised by the first US magazine to cover pro road racing with some glitz.  

I get Road Racing World and find this to be a nice addition for bench racing while waiting for the next Florida CCS weekend.

CCS_106

By the way the above article has a term girl thingies.  I did not use that. The system must change that from a word I used that is the plural of cats.

MightyDuc Racing

Haven't gotten this month's in the mail yet, but I liked the first two issues pretty well.  I still prefer RRW, but I'll take all the mags about roadracing I can get. ;)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM