News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Cooks Wanted!!

Started by EmerWil, June 02, 2003, 12:32:18 PM

EmerWil

My name is Will and I am the MARRC cafe chef/chairman. We do the corner working and safety crew work at Summit Point Raceway in Summit Point, WV.

I wanted to throw an idea out to the racers and race teams that frequent this board. A racer came up to me at the last race weekend and said they wanted to do something nice for the corner workers but they weren't sure what to do. Here was my suggestion:

Be the cook for a weekend!!  As you know MARRC provides a few things for the cornerworkers in return for their volunteer service.  One of which is lunch and dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday.  I am the usual cook for the race weekends but from time to time I have people step up and take the challenge.  You'd have to do the shopping and cook three meals for between 50-60 people.  Sound hard? not really.  The hardest part is doing the pre-race weekend shopping and planning out the menu.  

I will be more than happy to assist a racer/race team in cooking/prepping/setting up for the meals if they need the help.

I will reimburse you for all food expenses that you incur that weekend. Please no steak and lobster dinners. ;)

Anyone that would like further information please email me off group at foodcrew@marrc.org

thanks!!!

Will

PS I have a complete SOP written for the cafe at Summit Point which I can share with people if they'd like to see what the job is all about!