R.I.P. David Jefferies

Started by p9, May 29, 2003, 09:24:23 AM

tigerblade

Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

TZDeSioux

This is not a good year..what the hell :-[

r6_philly

he was one of my heros. I always wanted to ride the TT and the Macau GP, I guess walls have not been nice this year. Rest in peace, you will always be remembered in my heart

EX#996

Racing is a dangerous sport wether it be motorcycles, cars, dirtbikes, boats, whatever.  We will all die at sometime, just some sooner than others.  

Mr. Jefferies died participating in something that made him feel alive.  He did not get ill and suffer for a long period of time.  He was not killed by an act of another.  Think about it, how would you like to go?

His family and friends are dealing with a tremendous sense of loss at this time.  My heart goes out to them.  Hopefully they can find comfort in knowing that he died doing what he loved.

Dawn   :'(
Paul and Dawn Buxton

PJ

Godspeed David. Thoughts and prayers to his family, friends and fans.

Someday I have to attend the IOM...

Is there be a greater test of man and machine? I think not.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

MightyDuc Racing

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo....that is terrible. :'(

Godspeed David.  At least he has passed on in what was rumored to be his favorite place in the world. :)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

1fastmofo

Damn it, I really hate hearing news like this!  >:(

I just watched his record setting races on DVD not too long ago. He really was amazing! RIP Dave. See you at the big IOM in the sky!  :'(

tigerblade

Stolen from another site:

In his blunt Yorkshire way, Jefferies had explained how he prepared himself mentally for those amazing feats. "To succeed on the island, you have to be totally at ease with yourself, know exactly what you're doing, and accept that you might be going home in a box."
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...