News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

TIP FOR ALL AM. RACERS!

Started by MELK-MAN, May 28, 2003, 07:41:21 PM

MELK-MAN

dont shut off the throttle prior to crossing start/finish.. it will cost you sometime. It did me at moroso. Pissed off after having a huge lead in GTU and tip-toeing around during a "rain" flag for 2 laps, i got passed for the lead, then chopped throttle 30yds. or so prior to start/finish on the tail of the guy who passed me only to have 3rd zip by for 2nd (didnt know he was there).. insult to injury bigtime:P
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

MightyDuc Racing

I missed that one....ouch. :(
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

r6_philly

and don't shut off the throttle right away after crossing start/finish, someone could be drafting you and might run into you if you deaccelerate too fast too soon.

MELK-MAN

Quoteand don't shut off the throttle right away after crossing start/finish, someone could be drafting you and might run into you if you deaccelerate too fast too soon.

Yes, i went over to the guy who got by. He said he was trying to draft and when i chopped he swerved just in time..2 lessons for the price of one..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

r6_philly

another scenario people may not realize:

when you are a lap down and taking the checker, you may have people on the lead lap who are racing to the line,  so definitely keep your throtle up for another second or so, then raise your hand before getting off the gas. the first thing race school taught me was to raise hand before slowing down, people may not see a red flag, or a checker, and it happens a lot.