MAM Crashfest on Saturday

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, May 26, 2003, 09:25:45 AM

GSXR RACER MIKE

I saw more bikes go down on Saturday than I have seen in years. Just how many racers did go agricultural racing on Saturday? Did anyone get hurt? It looked to me that most were low-sides, but the bikes just got buried in mud and sod when they went off the track.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Eddie#200

I went for a moto on Saturday after it started to pour during practice.  I actually lost sight of the track for a moment because it rained so hard.  I kept the bike upright and was able to dirt track it back on to continue practice.  I'm glad for all of the mud moto's I've run.  Rain tires remind me of trials tires! ;D

EX#996

LOL!!!

Eddie, your too funny.

Mike:

A lot of 600cc machines went down on Saturday, but I don't think the ambulance was out on the track all day. I know it didn't leave with anyone.

------------------------------------------------------------

Paul went off the track right after the kink in the rain, but was able to keep it upright and get back on the track.  He ended up winning that race.   ;D

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

jdoctor

Speaking of Saturday at MAM:

You'll find more pictures at:
http://public.fotki.com/jdoctor/2003_mam_events/formula_usa/

Jerry Doctor

tigerblade

One of the guys in our pit that was running the MW SS race has rain tire-patterned markings on his helmet.  He's fine though.   :o
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

2002zx6r

The mud was a killer!  I went down in my first race and it took over an hour to clean my bike enough to ride.  Took me about 15 minutes to fix the parts.  And of course I missed my 2nd race and made my 3rd race and decided to throw it down again.  What the heck why not.  Maybe someday the grass will fill in at that place...   Had a great weekend hope to see everyone in July.

roadracer797

Still suffering from injuries from crashing in the da*n rain, hand is the worse though, not sure if I can race this weekend.

EX#996

QuoteStill suffering from injuries from crashing in the da*n rain, hand is the worse though, not sure if I can race this weekend.

Craig:

Sorry to hear that you are still stiff and sore.  Your hand was pretty nasty.  Did you get new gloves yet?

Dawn   :-/
Paul and Dawn Buxton

roadracer797

Dawn
You will know sooner then you think about getting old and crashing they don't go together at all.
And yes got new gloves along with new everything else last night.
It's a bit%h typing with one hand.
Craig

EX#996

QuoteDawn
You will know sooner then you think about getting old and crashing they don't go together at all.
And yes got new gloves along with new everything else last night.
It's a bit%h typing with one hand.
Craig

Craig,

You and I are not too far apart in age....  so.  :-/

Anyways, I'm glad you got new gear and we hope to see you at BHF this weekend.

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Eddie#200

QuoteSpeaking of Saturday at MAM:

You'll find more pictures at:
http://public.fotki.com/jdoctor/2003_mam_events/formula_usa/

Jerry Doctor

Yet another picture of Dr. Purk resting during a race.  Does he have good camera timing or does he just do this for all of the attention? ;D ;D ;D