News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Blackhawk next weekend

Started by rickj, May 23, 2003, 01:43:41 PM

rickj

Anyone know if a Pirelli tire guy will be there? If so, can you send me his contact info.

Also, what's the cost of practice on Friday, do they have a ½ day fee?

Do the lightweight classes there ever close out due to max number of entries?  Happened to me once at Puntam with GLRRA.

What's the best route to trailer around Chicago, I'm coming from northwest Ohio.

Thanks,
Rick

tzracer

Can't answer the first 2. Been a while since I have done a friday practice.

I have never seen a lightweight class sell out at Blackhawk.

I don't think there is a good way around Chicago that will save any time. I would take I-94 into Chicago (I-294 is usually slower) to I-90. Any time I drive to Michigan or Indiana (from Wisconsin), I take I-94 through the city, with or without a trailer.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

motomadness

What time of day do you plan on traveling near Chicago?  Thursday's a party night in the Chi, so between 6:30 - 8:00pm, expect some traffic to still be lingering, but for the most part it should be smooth all the way to O'Hare airport (you're going in the fast direction).  Earlier in the afternoon/evening you'll find a lot of traffic.  Later in the evening, it aught to be smooth, but the closer to club hours you are, the slightly more congested it will be.

Still Thursday night travel through Chicago is not as bad as Friday and Saturday night.

EX#996

QuoteAnyone know if a Pirelli tire guy will be there? If so, can you send me his contact info.

Also, what's the cost of practice on Friday, do they have a ½ day fee?

Do the lightweight classes there ever close out due to max number of entries?  Happened to me once at Puntam with GLRRA.

What's the best route to trailer around Chicago, I'm coming from northwest Ohio.

Thanks,
Rick

1)  Tom Mason from MRT will be there for your Pirelli tires.  He is on the board as 'thetireguy'

2)  Practice is $75.00 plus a gate fee of $10.00

3)  LW classes have not sold out yet.

4)  Driving in Chicago sucks when you go through there with a motor home and trailer.  Thank goodness it is only once a year.

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Nate R

rickj, what bike will you be on? What's your #?
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteI don't think there is a good way around Chicago that will save any time. I would take I-94 into Chicago (I-294 is usually slower) to I-90. Any time I drive to Michigan or Indiana (from Wisconsin), I take I-94 through the city, with or without a trailer.

I agree with this route, I have taken this when going to Michigan a couple of times and it seems to go ok. There isn't any construction on that route either (as of the 1st Gingerman event). A suggestion I can give is to stay in the 2nd lane over from the right as much as possible when traveling thru Chicago. There are some exits to the left as well as to the right and trying to change multiple lanes with a trailer during the busy times can be almost impossible.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

rickj

Nate, I running a FZR 400, Expert 55.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Rick

Super Dave

And Tom Mason, the Pirelli/Michelin/all around good guy is at...

thetireguy2@msn.com
Super Dave