News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

triumph speed triple racing

Started by wera331, May 21, 2003, 05:22:47 PM

wera331

dose anybody race one or know of anybody that races one?

MightyDuc Racing

Find Fat Bloke on the Jennings board...he used to race some Triumphs.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

tbb10785

I race a 02 Triumph Daytona which is the sportbike cousin of the speed triple  ;-)

wera331

I was kind of thinking of a t509, but my friend said the trans. are crap and they are slow, and the trans. problems might have had alot to do with a guy I know crashing?He said they keep jumping out of gear, which it might have just been his.I 'm just looking for some input I think I'm still going to consider one.are perf. parts readily accessible?

MightyDuc Racing

Take it from somebody that races an oddball bike...buy an SV. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

james-redsv

MightyDuc Racing

;D  I actually almost got an SV, right before I got this Duc.  I am glad I have the Duc, don't get me wrong, but it takes a lot of extra patience and work and most riders wouldn't be able to handle it.  I just love the Ducs that much. :)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

tbb10785

I agree with Mighty Duc racing an SV would be easier.  However,  if you like to tinker there are some performance parts avaliable like slip-ons,  full exhaust systems, frame sliders, ECM tuneable software, etc.

Check out www.SkyKingProducts.com for parts
and
http://www.t595.net/
for general information plus a good Triumph only message board.

The bikes seem to be built like tanks, thus the reason they are so heavy.  The tranny problems could just be the one bike, or the chain was too tight, etc.  There is some info on the older model transmissions at
http://members.optushome.com.au/wmcdonal/  Also this site has info on the software to remap the ECM.

Hope this helps.  FYI, I started racing my Daytona last spring and so far the only mechanical has been a weeping counter shaft seal.  Not bad  :-)

bb