News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Heartland Park Round Ideas

Started by motomadness, May 20, 2003, 07:26:56 AM

motomadness

Here's an idea:
- make it a truly multiregional event where anyone in the country can come out.
- each racer pre-selects which region they want their points applied towards.

This way CCS won't lose their shirts on the event and any racer that is interested in racing in Topeka can get some special dispensation for supporting THEIR organization.

CCS should really do something special for ANY CCS racer who decides to participate in this race:
- travel money bonus to the top 3 in all purse paying classes (CCS racers only)
- one free, non-purse-paying race entry if you pre-enter before July 1st (two free if you race more than 7 races)

motomadness

I see a lot people are looking but no one has anything to say.  Not to say that the powers that be at CCS will be looking at this thread, but if this is what we're left with, let's make a counter offer soon, so something can be worked out.

Personally, I have to face the fact that this is my last season as an AM and quite frankly possibly my ...

That's an excuse.  

>:(.  I want to win a championship this year and I am not going to let this stop me from doing it.  

CCS, please make something happen for us MW and GL racers that were planning on participating on the original RA date/location.

Super Dave

Interesting ideas...

Not sure if there is anything in the kitty to do it.  Last Blackhawk saw to that.

And I would think that the event at HPT would be a multi region event regardless.  Would there be time to promote it?
Super Dave

Super_KC124

QuoteCCS should really do something special for ANY CCS racer who decides to participate in this race:
- travel money bonus to the top 3 in all purse paying classes (CCS racers only)
- one free, non-purse-paying race entry if you pre-enter before July 1st (two free if you race more than 7 races)

I like this idea, as long as it applies to me when I travel to every track but MAM and Gateway. Not everybody lives in Wisconsin. :P ;D

K3 Chris Onwiler

Cancel, reschedule at a new venue 700 miles away, Ghost fields, 900 mile drives, 5 races in 6 weeks, Saturday races rescheduled for Sunday and even the race director doesn't know until he gets there...  CCS is getting less organised by the minute...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

K3 Chris Onwiler

Incidentally, I've always wondered.  Since GLRRA disbanded, wouldn't that have left a ton of open dates at Grattan?  True, there are a number of AMATEURS who might have a slight edge there, but it's a cool track, and at least in the same hemisphere...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Super Dave

QuoteIncidentally, I've always wondered.  Since GLRRA disbanded, wouldn't that have left a ton of open dates at Grattan?  True, there are a number of AMATEURS who might have a slight edge there, but it's a cool track, and at least in the same hemisphere...

It would leave a small handful of dates open...five?  But WERA jumped in and scheduled them during the same weekend as the few dates that CCS had a Gingerman, thus, corrupting and fragmenting the market even further for all parties.  Racers loose again.
Super Dave

motomadness

True it's a multi-regional event, but the regions were the Mid-West and the Great Lakes.  By moving the event from Road America to HPT, it seems to be better placed for Great Plains and the CRA and folks further West.  When I suggested multi-regional, I meant that anyone in the country could participate and accumulate points for which region they pre-selected it.

Can it be advertised in enough time?  It they make some decisions withing the next two weeks, I think so.  Just about every region has a round or two before July 1st.

KC_124, I feel for you.  I've read many of your comments over the few months I've been on this board and I can finally empathize.  All of the things I have suggested are not meant to set new precedent for future rounds, but to make something special happen for this round only.  It will be up to all of us to be more vocal when it's time to change the rule book and influence the decisions BEFORE they are already made.

sdiver68

Hey me too!  KC has been the leader, but I've been the chorus for the Great Plains travel debacle.  As it turns out, Gingerman was a great track, imho, and Barber is a Mecca, but sure is a lot of traveling!

The first half of the schedule was N IL, WI advantage.  Now it's our turn to get some home cooking :)
MCRA Race School Instructor

tigerblade

I'll join that chorus too.  I realize everyone has to travel, but I'm happy that HPT is being added.  Now I have 3 tracks within 5 hours drive.
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...