News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

FS: 500cc Ducati based singles racer

Started by 123user, May 07, 2020, 11:28:32 AM

123user

Too much work, too many kids, too much arthritis.  As much as I love this thing, I will never race again.

custom 4340 frame designed and TIG welded by me.  You also get the weld jig and the bent titanium frame components I was going to use to build a Ti-frame.  Tank is TIG'd .040" 6061 sheet.  Using a Moriwaki tank cover with built it crotch brace.

Ducati 1000SS forks with 1.0 springs and gold valves and custom triple clamps (made by me).  Ducati 1000SS swingarm.  Ducati 1000SS shock valved by Traxxion Dynamics w/titanium spring.  One set of 1000ss wheels and one set of Marvic cast magnesium wheels.  1st gen SV650 radiator.

Motor is a Ducati 999 with one lung removed.  Crank balanced for 67% balance factor.  Ferracci piston, compression is about 15:1 by memory.  Euro spec 998S cams (have about 10 degrees more duration).  Currently running a Mikuni HSR48 carb.  Also have a manifold to run dual Keihin FCR's (a little more power but a pain to set up)  Ignitech ignition on a TL1000R coil.  Total loss ignition, although it'd be pretty easy to put a rotor and stator back on.  Manual compression release valve helps with starting.

It is currently setup up with electric starter.  The whole thing is in the 250lb range with fuel.

This bike made 52.8 HP on the Factory Pro dyno at CafĂ© Racer Inc in Kansas City.  Made 61 HP on the DynoJet at Motorcycle Performance in Madison, WI.

Bike is in Saint Louis, Missouri.  I am not going to ship.