News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Gingerman

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, May 18, 2003, 11:35:11 PM

GSXR RACER MIKE

I don't think it could have been a nicer day on Sunday? I was there for the first time and thought it was a fun track with good run off area (all except for how close the wall is at the exit of the last turn). Turn 1 is a little tricky with it being blind up to the last second (did a little agricultural racing there on my first practice lap - but didn't go down).
     Talk about an easy points event, I was really suprised there weren't more people there. I Got to meet Ike (aka - Chef) early in the day, so I knew who was piloting that yellow plated missle flying at the speed of light by me in all my combined races!  ;D  Nice to meet ya Ike, keep up the good work!
     Only complaint was when I was out on the hot lap for ULGP, a bee (about the size of a Bald Eagle :o) hit my leg, deflected up to my helmet, lodged between my helmet strap and my neck, and then stung me in the side of the neck :-/. That hurt like Hell! Started getting all sick to my stomach after that (probably from the gallon of poison he pumped into my neck!) and only did a couple laps in each class after that.
     Also, for anybody going there for the first time later in the season, don't forget that Gingerman is Eastern Time Zone (ooops I did!  Just when I thought I was early).
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

sdiver68

Gingerman weather was perfect.  The CCS crew did a great job, given the schedule they were stuck with!  Can you believe not 1 red flag in 2 days of racing?  Can you believe results and lap times posted within 10 minutes of the race completion every single time!?!

My 1 complaint, no one to race against! :(  I was all alone, once I was lost too far behind the guy in front, and was way ahead of the next guy, it was cruise control...lap times dropped 3 seconds between being in touch with the leaders and not.

That's OK, thanks for the easy money, points, and wood everyone :)  See you at all MAM!
MCRA Race School Instructor

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteGingerman weather was perfect.  The CCS crew did a great job, given the schedule they were stuck with!  Can you believe not 1 red flag in 2 days of racing?  Can you believe results and lap times posted within 10 minutes of the race completion every single time!?!

That's OK, thanks for the easy money, points, and wood everyone :)  See you at all MAM!

Now that you mention it, the CCS crew did really keep things rolling along, good job!

I actually felt guilty collecting wood and a check at the end of the day even though I was in last place. A 2nd, two 3rd's, and an 8th place check in ULGP, and all kinds of points! Deal me in!  ;D
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Super_KC124

Nobody showed? Do I see a trend? Might be a little too much on the schedule this year? :-/

Nate R

Good point, Kevin. Has any race in the GP, GL, and MW region been more than a sparse turnout? So far, things seem kinda lonely at both BHFs, RA wasn't as big as other years, it seemed, and Gingerman was kinda lonely, too?
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Super_KC124

When I saw the schedule at the beginning of the year, I seen too many dates too spread out from what I think is a reasonable regional area. Michigan, Wisconsin, and Alabama shouldn't be in the Great Plains region IMHO. If someone wants to run more than one region, let them travel. If a person wants to run at a certain track because they want to, let them travel 10-14 hours if they like. The schedule also looks a little full this year. Too much $$ for me. The midwest region races about every weekend it seems. Just ask K3. ;D

K3 Chris Onwiler

The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

tshort

QuoteThe midwest region races about every weekend it seems. Just ask K3. ;D

Actually, no.  The MW schedule I'm using shows races every other weekend for May - which is a lot, I admit.  But then it drops to about one a month.  

531 - BHF
6/14 - GWAY
7/4-MAM
7/19 BHF
8/8 - Don't get me started
8/23 BHF
etc...

So in the middle of summer it's going to be a bit sparse, IMHO.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Chef

Quote    I don't think it could have been a nicer day on Sunday?       Talk about an easy points event, I was really suprised there weren't more people there.
I Got to meet Ike (aka - Chef) early in the day, so I knew who was piloting that yellow plated missle flying at the speed of light by me in all my combined races!  ;D  Nice to meet ya Ike, keep up the good work!

Thanks Mike,
Always good to put a face with (yet another) Mike on a gsxr  :D
had alot of fun even though there were just a few of us...
also good to meet Xian (Christian) (i just dig that lil band!)
Finally met and talked to the super amatuer, Brian Logan505 and he's cool, Adam537, and JJ were out and Anthony Connor were good to battle with, along with a couple more am's who's names slip me, but we made the best of it....

forty  8)
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.