News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

LP Days.  I'm not happy.

Started by K3 Chris Onwiler, May 17, 2003, 10:57:23 AM

OmniGLH

QuoteAbout track rentals.

If you are renting for a private test day vs a school/track day vs a race day, most tracks have different rental fees and gate fees (or percentage that the track takes). There is also insurance, corner workers, and ambulaces.

Right, I know this.  But do corner workers, the ambulance, and insurance, make up the missing $7k between the two?  I doubt it.  I'm sure it's some... but I bet that another part of it, is that they charge more, because they can GET more.  So I'm sure some of that is negotiable.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Woofentino Pugrossi

Jim, I bet teh insurance is different big time. Hell back a few years ago, we had a track day at BHF and it was $1000, 1 bambulance and no corner workers. 10 CCS racers was teh whole field. ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Super Dave

QuoteRight, I know this.  But do corner workers, the ambulance, and insurance, make up the missing $7k between the two?  I doubt it.  I'm sure it's some... but I bet that another part of it, is that they charge more, because they can GET more.  So I'm sure some of that is negotiable.

Again, it isn't negotiable.  Only thing that would help would be having multiple dates.  Remember, only so many weekends, and those are the big dates.  It's not like race tracks like Gingerman and Blackhawk are pulling in a lot of cake either.  Cost about $1,000,000 for repaving at BFR, I think $100,000 in legal fees the year before to ensure that they could continue making noise...(look at all the nice houses being built in the area..."...that race track is so loud."  "Right, and they've been making those noises since 1967, so shut up."
Super Dave