News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

VIR Unlimited GP

Started by xlr8tn, May 17, 2003, 06:42:09 AM

xlr8tn

Is the Sunday Unlimited GP the normal one or Formula USA?  I would much rather pay 70 bucks versus 100.

-brent

r6_philly

QuoteIs the Sunday Unlimited GP the normal one or Formula USA?  I would much rather pay 70 bucks versus 100.

-brent

I believe it is the FUSA format, but you get regional points for that race. It is the only Am race on Sun, and you have to qualify for gridding. And it is 14 laps long  :-/

xlr8tn

sounds fun and you could focus on only one race SUN including qualifying, however, you're telling me that i have to pay $100 + FUSA license!  Ouch.  That's about $200 for one race because they don't do this every race weekend.

r6_philly

I didn't race the UNGP at Daytona so I don't know if they require the FUSA license. I just have the normal CCS one. The add-on for our licenses is $50. but think of the extra track time you get, a 15 minute qualifying session and a 20 minute race(14 laps is about that). I wish they up the purse a little though. I have no plans to chase the points in that class, usually I run for the purse, so this is going to cost more, and get the same pay back, I don't know...

However, I already pre-entered for VIR and Summit, and they didn't seem to tell me that I owe any money. I just submitted it as a regional race.

You going to summit next weekend? did you find out about the gate?

Bsmedic

I raced it at Daytona and I didn't have the license. I think only if you're an expertyou need it. Call ccs monday just to confirm.

EX#996

Quotesounds fun and you could focus on only one race SUN including qualifying, however, you're telling me that i have to pay $100 + FUSA license!  Ouch.  That's about $200 for one race because they don't do this every race weekend.

You need the license I believe.  I called Kevin Elliot on Thursday about this very subject, but I didn't receive a call, e-mail or reply on the BBS.  I know he got the message, because I asked if he was there.

Dawn   :-/
Paul and Dawn Buxton

xlr8tn

QuoteYou going to summit next weekend? did you find out about the gate?

Yep...plan to do the practice again and have not heard anything about the gate.  I finally got a new tow vehicle and shouldn't have any problems pulling my trailer.  See you there.