News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MAM Schedule

Started by tshort, May 15, 2003, 06:10:18 AM

tshort

5/23-25 MAM event schedule (http://www.formulausa.com/factsheets03/Mid-America%20Motorplex%20FUSA.pdf) shows all the CCS races on Fri/Sat, and FUSA races on Sunday.  The only day Thunderbikes are listed is on Sunday as a FUSA race.  

I've been racing that class in CCS at last two events.  But I'm don't have a FUSA license, so does that mean that I won't be able to race in it at MAM?
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

StumpysWife

To go or not to go....that is the question....

It's looking better for us to go.  It's a 14 hour trip and our time off is so maxed out already, BUT Stumpy doesn't race Sunday so we can head out and still have Monday off, too.  Decisions, decisions.....

I think we'll just keep an eye on the weather and if it's rainy, we're there!!!!!!

Tom, I think you do have to have the FUSA license for Sunday FUSA races.

EX#996

You'll will - ooops - you will not be able to race Tom.  You better stay home.   ;D

No you do not need a FUSA license, the AM and the EX will be scored separately.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

motomadness

QuoteBut I'm don't have a FUSA license, so does that mean that I won't be able to race in it at MAM?

That's not the case.  At FUSA/CCS events, they'll combine a lot of the classes, especially the ones that overlap.  If you want to earn FUSA points, then you have to register with an FUSA license.  If you want CCS points and it is a class that is not exclusive to FUSA, then your CCS license is sufficient.

Last year Thunderbike was combined with Heavyweight Sportsman, now it's just one class at the FUSA and CCS level, but points are earned differently.

If you intend to go to Daytona in the Fall, it is in your best interest to continue racking up CCS Regional points for better grid position at the ROC.

Hope that helps,

tshort

Thanks all for clarifying that.  
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Eric Kelcher

YES you do need a FUSA license for FUSA races.
On Sunday only race not requiring a FUSA license is the amatuer UGP. UGP(am) is not really a FUSA race it is just being run on Sunday with the FUSA races.

This is same procedure since there has been crossover classes of FUSA/CCS.

Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Eric Kelcher

You will earn points for FUSA class and regional class for combined races.
Eric Kelcher

Dawn

QuoteYES you do need a FUSA license for FUSA races.
On Sunday only race not requiring a FUSA license is the amatuer UGP. UGP(am) is not really a FUSA race it is just being run on Sunday with the FUSA races.

This is same procedure since there has been crossover classes of FUSA/CCS.

What!!!!!!

You mean to tell me that an amatuer CCS rider who normally races the Thunderbike class has to pay the extra $100.00 for a FUSA license just to be sure he gets the points for CCS?   Please tell me it isn't so!

When was this rule changed?  We didn't have it last year at Road America.

Dawn  

Eric Kelcher

Thunderbike was not a CCS class last year.  
Upgrade is $50 not $100
Eric Kelcher

Eric Kelcher

Oh by the way FUSA Thunderbike is a purse class open to Am and Experts whereas CCS Tunderbike is not.
Eric Kelcher

Dawn

QuoteOh by the way FUSA Thunderbike is a purse class open to Am and Experts whereas CCS Tunderbike is not.

Ooooo....

Heavyweight Sportsman was the class run with Thunderbikes last year.  Hey!  Lets combine that with FUSA Thunderbikes - OK.

So this year, we run the MW schedule (16 events  :o)all year trying to get a championship and just because FUSA cannot make any money, lets run it with CCS.  Plus, we can charge CCS riders and additional fee of $50.00 for the FUSA license AND charge more money for the entry fees because we will put a small purse on it (although most don't have a chance in hell of winning it).

Gee thanks!  I'm sorry, all we can hope for is some contingency money.  We have no factory backing.  What a kick in the ass!

It's not right!

Dawn   >:(

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteOoooo....

Heavyweight Sportsman was the class run with Thunderbikes last year.  Hey!  Lets combine that with FUSA Thunderbikes - OK.

So this year, we run the MW schedule (16 events  :o)all year trying to get a championship and just because FUSA cannot make any money, lets run it with CCS.  Plus, we can charge CCS riders and additional fee of $50.00 for the FUSA license AND charge more money for the entry fees because we will put a small purse on it (although most don't have a chance in hell of winning it).

Gee thanks!  I'm sorry, all we can hope for is some contingency money.  We have no factory backing.  What a kick in the ass!

It's not right!

Dawn   >:(

Dawn, I started a thread on this very subject before, with just a slight twist. That one was about the insurance aspect of this very topic (http://www.racemotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=ccs1;action=display;num=1051803557).
     I think it isn't right either, I didn't pre-enter any races for MAM just because of this. I am thinking about entering that class and only running 2 laps so as to still be scored with some points, but not risk not being covered by insurance if I had a problem. I also believe that it's bogus how points from those classes count toward regional points, even though not all regional racers can compete in those classes due to insurance reasons. The fact that you have to purchase a FUSA license to run 1 individual race class (which is a regional class) is also pretty lame. The cost isn't the issue to me, I am there to race regional races, not national Pro races.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96