News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Full moon and lunar eclipse

Started by Dawn, May 14, 2003, 09:25:51 AM

Nate R

Yer not gonna be at BHF?! Dang! I REALLY was hoping for some good shots. I'll have to talk to Stumpy's wife.

Well, what BHFs ARE you gonna be at? I saw your sched said that you would be at May 10-11, but you obviously couldn't make it, because of a wedding, right? So, out of curiousity, which ones will you be at?
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

SliderPhoto

Check the schedule.
http://www.sliderphoto.com/schedule

Nate, I never said I'd be there May 10-11. The dates in red I am NOT going to make.

lbk's (Dave #724) wife takes pics too.

StumpysWife

Nate, Stumpy's Wife (me) has a $35 point 'n shoot with a little zoom APS camera which of 2 rolls of film I got 2 decent shots-----eeesh-----I'm a disaster------unless Stumpy springs for that digital camera I've been dropping hints about every then and again ;D.  I do well with digital!

So, bottom line, pictures I take of you will be scary, blurry, and you'll be lucky if they're even of you!!!!!  But I can try... ;)

MightyDuc Racing

Tell Stumpy to get a Best Buy card and CHARGE IT! ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

StumpysWife

Ummmmmmm we just got a Target and a SuperWalMart here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan....do you really think we have a Best Buy?????::)

Actually, I frequent Bestbuy.com so perhaps I'll just have to go a-lookin again.  Father's Day is coming up--Stumpy would love for me to get a camera for Father's Day

<-------------(He's a father to a wiener dog)

MightyDuc Racing

I have a Fuji 3800(?) that was better quality and less money than some of the bigger names.  It takes decent videos, with the high quality setting going for 60 seconds and the low for 200 seconds, has 6X optical zoom, etc.  I think with (2) 128 mB cards, the camera, a nice carrying bag, and everything, I spent under $700...whereas the Sony's, etc with less optical and digital zoom, shorter or no movie capapbilities, were almost that much for jsut the camera.  And if you do buy it, you don't need the second 128 mB card unless you need to take more than like 300 pictures and 10 movies at once.  I got suckered by the sales guy there...lol.  Good luck.  Hope this helps. :)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Nate R

Stumpy's Wife: That's alright, I thought you had something better. I thought it was you who took many shots, but I was thinking of lbk's wife.

LBK: What kind of camera/lens does your wife have?

Since Jack won't be there, me and Jennifer will probably take a lot of pics June 1. We'll see if I can afford it, but I'd like to take a few rolls that day.
 :-/  

We've got a Canon AE-1 SLR with a 50mm, and a 100-200 mm telephoto lens. Well, since Jennifer will probably call me on this,   :P it's hers, but I've been borrowing it from her for a photo class, and for random pics.

Speaking of which, I have a few pics from the April BHF. I'll upload them.

Anyone want me to get some shots of them in particular on Sunday at the next BHF?  

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

StumpysWife

Nate - I was wondering why you would ask me!  I thought it was kinda funny :).  Yes, lbk's wife's pics were awesome!!!!!!!!

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteWe've got a Canon AE-1 SLR with a 50mm, and a 100-200 mm telephoto lens. Well, since Jennifer will probably call me on this,   :P it's hers, but I've been borrowing it from her for a photo class, and for random pics.

I have a Canon AE-1P also. It was bought in 82 and still takes pictures perfectly. But I am looking for the motor drive for it so I can get 7 shots a sec. ;D Nice thing about them is, unlike new 35mm SLR's and digital cameras, the AE-1 will still work with dead batteries. ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Pit_Girl

QuoteWe've got a Canon AE-1 SLR with a 50mm, and a 100-200 mm telephoto lens. Well, since Jennifer will probably call me on this,   :P it's hers, but I've been borrowing it from her for a photo class, and for random pics.

Geeze N8... you just ASSUME that i would call you on that...and you were wrong :P  somone deserves a kick ::) ;) ;D :-*, lol. 8)

-jennifer

Nate R

Aww cmon, Jennifer.  ::)

Rob, the only prob with the one we got, (which we got off of EBay) is that when taking pics at 1/1000, the picture turns out very dark on the extreme left of the picture, indicating a shutter problem on the right side? I dunno, I think maybe the shutter timing might be off a bit, or the shutter curtain spring is weak/misaligned, or something like that.

So far, though, it's taken some great photos.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com