News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Front sprocket question

Started by Jeff, May 13, 2003, 06:00:14 AM

Jeff

So nobody commented on my question...

I don't think it's an issue, and frankly feel kinda dumb to ask, but...

I put on my 520 sprocket up front, and I have a slight bit of play in it, like it's not wide enough.  It could move in/out probably 1/32-1/16". Obviously it doesn't have the huge rubber bushings that the OEM one does, but I don't remember any play at all in my F4 sprocket.  Thoughts?
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

MELK-MAN

Jeff, i ment to commnet on this in my PM to you yesterday about gearing..

Yes, my new 520 kit has a tiny bit of play front and a similar amout rear. RK chain, Vortex sprokets.. Tiny amount mind you . I did make a mistake of having a 525 chain for awhile with a 520 front. Rode about 10 track days with no probs but when i started racing and was replacing, my mechanic pointed that out.
greg
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Jeff

The play that I have is not in the chain, but rather the spocket on the countershaft...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

hi-side

Put a big washer around the countershaft to take up the play. You don't want it wiggling in there.

MELK-MAN

QuoteThe play that I have is not in the chain, but rather the spocket on the countershaft...

YES.. Just went out again to make sure. My f4 has the same thing.. Even with the big washer between the sprocket and the big bolt, there is still a wee bit of play in the sprocket. its not rock solid like the rear. Im sure that is by design.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice