News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What racers do for a living?

Started by Pierre - Team PMR, May 12, 2003, 02:26:25 PM

TBMain

I play with electricity, 120 volts - 34,000 volts.  I am a overhead electrician (Lineman) for Com Ed.  As long as I come home alive every night, the risk of racing doesn't seem so bad to my wife!  ;D

Gixxer124

Union electritian, IBEW Local #124. (Kevin Clark Local 124. "KC124"  ;D )

mmills416

Steve talk to me a Moroso,  I think I can help you with something.

Developer, Builder, and ADVERTISING!!!!!!  Check out my bike on National Privateer and 2wf.com

Pit_Girl

"would you like fries with that"

yup... i work at mcdonalds.....  :-/ but a job's a job... and man, do i NEED money.... so, if anyone would like to donate to the "put jen through college" fund... email me  ;) ;D

not that i should really be responding as i dont race.... yet  ;)

-jennifer

Nate R

Put Jen through college fund!? How about put NATE through college and racing fund?  8)
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

GSXR RACER MIKE

Tool & Die Maker of 15 years with the same company (we build Dies, stamp lots of different products, and do some assembly).
     My personal experiences are in building stamping dies, trouble shooting & problem solving of dies currently in production, welding (tig & mig), conventional EDM, wire EDM, industrial cutting laser, and manual & automated CMM's - all of which I've done programming, set-up, and operation of.

I also regularly transfer funds to CCS for allowing me to be on the track with talented individuals who are clearly in a different dimension of speed than myself!
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Steviebee

Umm  I worked at McD's in college.  

Err great place to meet  umm "people"  I worked there when they had the Mic Pizzazs !!

We all got to do our time !!!

h8mondays

I don't post here much, but lurk daily and this thread caught my attention.  I was a paramedic for almost 11 years (still certified) and 2 years ago I got my nursing license and have been working in a Vegas ER since. I think the only reason I stay doing it is because of self scheduling, which allows me to do track days and race.  God knows the money's not worth it.

motodirty

:PI,m just a sheetmetal mechanic and welder mostly TIG.  I make a lot of weird things for the Army, Navy, and for cars, but it's usually from 1967 or older!

tcchin

Mechanical engineer and engineering software admin/dba within the military-industrial complex.
Team owner and crew chief, X Dot Racing, AMA Pro Roadracing.

cb186

maintenance machinist for a commercial printer for the last 2 years. worked for a machine/maintence shop for the first 8 years of my "adult" life doing machining,cnc, fabrication,design and engineering, CAD. printing equipment ,installation,relocation and repair 24/7 for numerous customers in my area and around the midwest and eastern U.S. looking to get back into cnc and design/engineering. possibly my own shop. gotta get out of this d#*n industry, but it pays good.
2004 R6
cra #186
wera #186
superbikers2 #186
ccs #184
www.314racing.com, Hot Kitty's Pu$$ycat Lounge and Photo

R6Chris760

Instrument electrician at the power plant in Springfield, IL.  I basically hook up everything so all the plant operator has to do is look at a screen and click a mouse button to control the plant.

Chris Watts
MW Ex 760