2 wave starts

Started by dpelt73, September 17, 2015, 06:54:44 PM

dpelt73

i've missed a few race weekends, but near the beginning of the season there were a couple races that had some confusion with the 2 wave start where in one race all but 3 of us left with the first wave and the rest of us ended up taking off after.

I saw a video of a club race start where the whole second wave held both hands in the air until the first wave left, and then they did their start. Any idea of doing this in CCS?
Danny #73 FL

www.facebook.com/chickenstrips
DP Brakes, Vortex, Shorai, Comet Leathers

HerbigCBR

Quote from: dpelt73 on September 17, 2015, 06:54:44 PM
i've missed a few race weekends, but near the beginning of the season there were a couple races that had some confusion with the 2 wave start where in one race all but 3 of us left with the first wave and the rest of us ended up taking off after.

That is what we do here in the Midwest for 2 wave starts.

I saw a video of a club race start where the whole second wave held both hands in the air until the first wave left, and then they did their start. Any idea of doing this in CCS?
Jared Herbig - CCS #323
Thanks to: Spears Racing - TSE

britx303

As racers,we are suppose to be in control of our situation even down to flags and responding approprietly when/which is waived. Ive jumped a 2nd wave too :biggrin:  but made sure to pay better attention........at least until I did it again :banghead:

trace33chargers

In the Midwest, pretty much everyone in the 2nd wave holds a hand up. We also have a grid marshal with a 2 Wave board held up. It is very clear what is going on in Midwest events.

MELK-MAN

you need to pay attention in the riders meeting.. (not the poster specifically, everyone reading) they will tell you the procedure for the starts. Some races will all leave together, some will have actual 2 wave starts. It's never a bad idea if you are on the 2nd wave, to PUT YOUR HANDS UP while the first wave launches, to let others know you don't intend to go with that wave.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

dpelt73

I've definitely paid attention to if it's a 2 wave start or ran together.

I'll probably start sitting upright until the 1st wave leaves next time. After I had finished that race at homestead I thought to myself if I had just stayed put and let the officials do a wave 2 start that I could've walked away with a win.
Danny #73 FL

www.facebook.com/chickenstrips
DP Brakes, Vortex, Shorai, Comet Leathers

Doxgon22

In the midwest, the race school students are taught to look at the race grids.  A 2-wave start will have a squiggly line drawn between the waves with "2 wave" written over the squiggly lines.  Then, there will be a race official with a sign that says "2 wave" between the waves on the grid until the first wave is gone.  We teach that you should have one or both hands up while the first wave is on the one board, etc.  Once the green flag has flown for the first wave, the second wave is free to shift into gear and prep for the start.  I know this because I AM one of the instructors teaching those lessons.  And, as Greg Melka told you, if there is any doubt about one or two wave starts, the place to ask is at the rider's meeting.  No excuses, guys.  We are smarter than that.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Hell you have to get ALL riders to show up at the meetings.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

ymracing

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on September 23, 2015, 09:28:18 PM
Hell you have to get ALL riders to show up at the meetings.

They don't... ::) ?
Garry W. Bird
YMRacing, Champaign, IL USA
AHRMA BOT F2, CCS  AM Lightweight F40; Lightweight Grand Prix #72
Lightweight....ya sure...

britx303

Most of the races ive raced in CCS have been 2 wave and im always in the 2nd wave.A few times when the 1st wave flag dropped there was barely enough time to drop your hands to the bars before the 2nd wave flag dropped,let alone quickly squeeze clutch and shift into 1st.