News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Track info pages

Started by Eric Kelcher, July 29, 2015, 10:36:19 AM

Eric Kelcher

I have been getting updates of maps and other info from tracks for our info pages.
The general info I have been getting is
scoring left/right
paved roads/paddock
Camping
electricity 20/30/50 amp
garages
potable water
sewage
FM broadcast of PA
special regs

Is there anything else that might be helpful to know?
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Gixxerblade

Gate opening times and hours.

ymracing

Extra $$ to enter the track?
Garry W. Bird
YMRacing, Champaign, IL USA
AHRMA BOT F2, CCS  AM Lightweight F40; Lightweight Grand Prix #72
Lightweight....ya sure...

Eric Kelcher

Track hours vary depending on who is in track prior to us. Some motorcycle practice day groups work with us and allow racers into facility before we take over actual rental others do not and require a paddock sweep before we are allowed in same as when a transition is made from cars to motorcycles. Due to the variables it makes it hard to even list the opening times on an event by event basis much less for the venue in general.

All tracks have a gate fee and we have that info as well as whether credit cards are accepted listed in info page.
Eric Kelcher

Zaph

Planned or recent track upgrades, repairs and known problems.  For example

Half of the pit area at Blackhawk farms was blacktopped last year.
Camping area across inside hot pit was flooded and you car will sink in 6" of mud if you drive there.
At Road America, sometimes there is no parking or camping on grass if there has been a lot of rain.
Road America turns 5, 6 and 8 were repaired this spring.
Road America turns 5, 6 and 8 were torn up by Nascar this summer and are back in poor condition.

I heard a rumor Road America left turns are going to be repaired again. But it's hard to find anyone who has a clue.  Hopefully it's a better job this time.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Zaph, it wasn't Nascar. It was Pirelli World Challenge that was there. :)
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Zaph

Well someone told me Nascar but I can safely say it was whatever happened between early June and early July.  The track was awesome in June, I never turned left so hard at RA before.  I hope they fix it the correct way next time.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Should be fixed already. My guess was it didn't cure completely or it was a bad batch. Happened at BHF also. New asphalt buckled after a SCCA regional. Redid it with the correct mix and it lasted pretty good.

BTW Nascar Xfinity will be there Aug 29.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

MaximumJEFF

Road America fixed the problems and it was great last Friday
www.MidwestTrackDay.com - Track Pipe Dealer
www.GoodGripRacing.com - Pirelli Dealer

Eric Kelcher

Thanks guys, the info pages I cannot keep up to date with seam here, repave here etc

The information of infrastructure at each venue is what I was attempting to convey to you that would be useful.
Eric Kelcher