News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

big thank-you from #914

Started by hmpmark, May 12, 2003, 06:02:11 AM

hmpmark

Just wanted to say thanks to a bunch of great folks that helped me out on Saturday at Blackhawk.  I had an "incident" at the start of race 2 (GT lights) that sent me to the hospital, but a lot of amazing people made it a much easier situation.

Thanks to the corner workers at turn one who helped get me off the track, and then picked me and my bike out of the mud.
Thanks to Kim Olsen and everyone else in the turn-one area for gathering my gear and my bike and getting it back to my pit area.
Thanks to the awesome medical staff at blackhawk...everyone there was great!!!
Thanks to everyone who helped load my truck and trailer...i didn't get eveyone's name, but I really appreciate the help and the kind words.
And thanks to Dave Doe and Gordy for getting me and my truck to the hospital.

I never got a chance to find out if the rider I collided with at the start was ok?  If anyone knows who it was, do you know how he is doing?  Sorry I didn't get a chance to find you after the race, but I hope you were able to continue the race and the weekend.  And of course, I'm sorry for the collision...I didn't see you until the last second, and I did everything I could to avoid you, but I just couldn't move out of the way fast enough.

All in all, not the greatest weekend from a racing standpoint, but it did reinforce what I have known for a while...we race with a great group of people!!  The racers, the people that support them, and the race staff are top-notch individuals who geniunely care for one another and support each other.

Thanks again,

Mark

KBOlsen

Mark, I'm just glad you're okay.  Hope you're back soon!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?