News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

SV650 Tires- Dunlop vs Pirelli

Started by mculik, February 26, 2015, 09:25:11 PM

mculik

I'm sure this has been posted before, but i couldn't find a thread

I'm racing my SV650 this year and am curious what tires most people run. For 160 rears, it seems like Dunlop GPAs and Pirelli Supercorsas are the only two choices.

I've heard good things about the Supercorsa's but i haven't heard much about Dunlops? Any thoughts or experience?

dpelt73

I've heard excellent reviews on the pirellis.  I went dunlops last homestead race and had some trouble with them. tires and setup both played parts in why I wasn't feeling it. I'm SS ineligible so I wanted to go for the bridgestone slicks. At work we can get bridgestone race tires but our owners don't realize that there isn't much markup on race tires and employee pricing is still a little more than retail elsewhere.  I ran nothing but bt003's on several bikes before. And while most people think they aren't up for racing, I ran faster lap times on them than the dunlops. And at $140 a set less than the bridgestone slicks and the pirellis I think I'll keep running them for a while.
Danny #73 FL

www.facebook.com/chickenstrips
DP Brakes, Vortex, Shorai, Comet Leathers

Pirelli Tire Guy

If you have any questions please feel free to call me to find out info about the Pirelli 160 SV tires.

James Bock
Podium Motorsports Pirelli
912 655 1433

apriliaman

I've seen both tires go the same lap times.It all depends on how you like the feel of the bike.Pirelli with ride smoother,Dunlop will ride stiffer.You would have to adjust your suspension differently.What I see is that most SV's run Pirelli DOT.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

mculik