News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Trying to understand...

Started by Soonerbillz, February 19, 2015, 12:03:33 PM

Soonerbillz

New guy on the block here...
I'm not totally new to racing.. I compete in the CMRA and have for actively for a year or so. Before that I was a spectator and track day guy.
But I want to check out out expanding my opportunities for racing, besides liking to check out some new tracks to race on. I love racing in the CMRA. It's a fine org.. but my location(N.OK.) makes it hard to make some races afford-ably.  I am looking at the MCRA series too.. for more chances to compete..
But I am a little confused on how the CCS/ASRA program is operated.. mainly I would like to know how the various tracks and series interact and what the best way to dip my toes into your waters..
I am a interested in lightweight racing.. and vintage too.. but currently I am running a EX250 set up for the CMRA superstock class.
Thanks for any advise and ideas..

Woofentino Pugrossi

We don't have vintage. We have a 300cc and under class that's pretty much just Ninja 250/300's, Ultralight weights.

Basically just show up at the track you want when CCS is there, bring your current license to prove you have one already and get a CCS license. You'll need your own transponder ($80 for battery powered one, $150 for hard wired).

When you get your CCS license, it will have a region listed on it. Doesn't mean you are only allowed to race in that region. You can race in ANY CCS region.

Rule book is on www.ccsracing.us under forms and downloads.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod