News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Daytona 200

Started by supercarl, December 02, 2014, 07:47:34 AM

Gino230

Here is my update guys.....would love to know what everyone else is doing to get ready......!

I partnered with Ken Hill Coaching for physical prep, nutrition coaching, meal planning, etc. I partnered with Moto Corse Performance in Fort Lauderdale for bike prep and crew support. Chris Boy from Moto Corse is a friend and is going to help me with the mental aspect of riding flat out for 200 miles.

Ken Hill immediately set me up with Phil Horowitz, AMA racer and a member of his Ken Hill Coaching team for detailed nutrition analysis and physical training. Since I am in Florida, everything will be done through email, phone and some other tools such as Strava (cycling / running app). Phil gave me a pretty good nutrition program to start on right away. I travel a lot for work, 3-4 days a week but we were still able to come up with a program that fits my schedule. I had to transition from running 2-3 times per week with strength training a couple of days to a more cycling focused program.

It has been about 8 weeks. Of course the holidays were tough, but even with all of the distractions, I am about 10 pounds lighter and feeling much stronger and more flexible.

After about 6 weeks I attended a track day, and was quite surprised how much better I felt on the bike- moving around the bike felt much more natural, body position came more easily and it felt like I was not even exerting myself doing the laps.

I also found a place to train on the minibike, so I'm trying to get that in once a week too. So I'm biking 2-3 times a week at 2.5-3 hours per stint, plus once a week cross train or yoga, and one 2 hour minibike outing. At least I am confident I will be physically ready!

On the other hand, bike prep is kind of a pain. I ordered $2500 worth of parts right before the holidays....they showed up last week and only one or two things fits. The Quick change gear from Fast Frank is beautiful, but it requires some engineering to work perfectly. The forks have to come apart for the fender mounts to be installed, calipers have to be trimmed down with a grinder. Also we're going to have to Mc Guyver up some kind of rig for the Nemesis TC that I currently run, it takes the place of one of the axle spacers that are normally captive. I bought a tank from Larry Pegram that was used on one of his AMA bikes, it's a beautiful hand crafted aluminum tank that probably holds an extra 10 liters- but Jan 18th they changed the rules and mandated stock capacity tanks. It's going to be too much trouble to refit this one with ping pong balls to reduce capacity, re-fit the dry break fitting I already have, and move the steering damper to fit. So a fuel cell is on order with dry-break already installed. The stock tank is plastic and I'd rather avoid retrofitting that with the dry break.

Rumor down here has it that there are over 100 entries anticipated, max track density is 80 so it's going to be the top 80 qualifiers. Still no word on the TV package....
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

SV88

I'm picking up my R6 from Matt Drucker tomorrow evening and it will be picked up by uship Friday evening for the long ride down to Homestead.  I've been refereeing a ton of ice hockey and doing a bit of ice riding.  I'll be racing @ homestead, Roebling roads and may do a track day @ Jennings to prep. for the D200.  I'm in the mid 190's now and would like to drop 10-15lbs before the race.  The bike has a quick change rear but I have to come up with a quick refuelling system.  I play to run the race on 2 rears and one front with probably 2 gas stops.

ex racer Friends from Chicago, Valdosta, DC, my son and hopefully my nephew from Ottawa (Canada)  will be crewing for me.

Flights are booked as is hotel for Thurs and Friday nights on Daytona beach
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

Gino230

get on that quick fuel right away.....fuel cell is backed up for weeks making tanks, I'll be lucky to have mine for the race. They make quick fill systems for dirt bikes now that are cheaper, so you don't have to pay $400 for an ATL cap. But your mechanic will have to do some welding and machining to make it fit.

As I have learned these past weeks, nothing is simple. If you get the parts the week before the race, it's almost guaranteed something won't fit. Of course with an R6 it should be easier. Good luck and see you out there!
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

L8 Braker

Quote from: Xian_13 on December 04, 2014, 05:57:20 AM
Based on last years best qualifying time (1:49.292), the 115% rule would let in anyone running 2:05.682.
Can someone break this equation down for me, please?

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: L8 Braker on February 07, 2015, 09:19:26 PM
Can someone break this equation down for me, please?

Convert 1.49 into seconds (109 seconds) and add 15% (16 seconds) and that equals 125 seconds. Convert back to minutes is 2:05.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

SV88

Pre-entry deadline???  Can't find it anywhere..

Backmarker760

Its on the schedule page ...

Pre-Entry Deadline: February 27 5pm Central

SV88

supercarl

Does anyone know if you have to send this sheet in if you are only using your one free spot?
http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2015/misc/2015%20d200%20wk%20ro%20lot%20payment%20info.pdf

Not sure if everyone staying there needs to send one in or only if you are having to pay for a spot?
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

ahastings

I would say yes as the rider/owner camping lot spots are all reserved and you need a pass for your rv to park in there
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: supercarl on February 19, 2015, 02:30:42 PM
Does anyone know if you have to send this sheet in if you are only using your one free spot?
http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2015/misc/2015%20d200%20wk%20ro%20lot%20payment%20info.pdf

Not sure if everyone staying there needs to send one in or only if you are having to pay for a spot?
Yes, notate in the payment field that you are a 200 entrant, for add'l spots/non 200 entrant include payment info.

If you are needing more than 1 spot for team send in together and notate that.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

supercarl

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on February 21, 2015, 12:18:11 PM
.Yes, notate in the payment field that you are a 200 entrant, for add'l spots/non 200 entrant include payment info.

If you are needing more than 1 spot for team send in together and notate that.

Thanks for the info Eric! Just faxed the form in a little while ago.
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing