Entry fees

Started by dpelt73, November 21, 2014, 05:12:20 PM

dpelt73

Anything I've seen says that Saturday practice days are $100. pre-entry first class is $85 and second class is $55.

One of my friends raced his first ccs race at Daytona and said that he paid the $100 practice fee and that money went towards his race entries.  Not sure if he misread something or if I'm not seeing something correct.  If I pre-register and run two classes would I be paying $240 or $140?
Danny #73 FL

www.facebook.com/chickenstrips
DP Brakes, Vortex, Shorai, Comet Leathers

tony216

The $100 practices are for Friday practices (if available).  Saturday/Sunday practices are included in your race entries.

dpelt73

so if i were to do one class on sunday. and wanted to race on saturday, I would have to pay an extra $15 to cover that day?
Danny #73 FL

HerbigCBR

Quote from: dpelt73 on November 22, 2014, 06:50:16 AM
so if i were to do one class on sunday. and wanted to race on saturday, I would have to pay an extra $15 to cover that day?

I'm having a hard time understanding what you are asking.

IIRC, Pre-entry fees are $80 for the first race of the weekend, and $55 for every race after that.

Post-entry fees are $85 for the first race of the weekend, and $60 for every race after that.

The higher cost for the first class is per race weekend, not per day.

If it is a twin-sprint weekend and you signed up for one race each day, then the morning practices are included. 

If it is a CCS-hosted practice day on saturday and racing on sunday only, then you have to pay $125 if you want to practice on Saturday. Sunday morning practices would be included one you signed up for a race.

I have not raced at Daytona, but fees for the Race of Champions are sometimes different. http://www.ccsracing.us/faq/classfaqs.html
Jared Herbig - CCS #323
Thanks to: Spears Racing - TSE

dpelt73

Quote from: HerbigCBR on November 22, 2014, 10:50:58 AM
I'm having a hard time understanding what you are asking.

IIRC, Pre-entry fees are $80 for the first race of the weekend, and $55 for every race after that.

Post-entry fees are $85 for the first race of the weekend, and $60 for every race after that.

The higher cost for the first class is per race weekend, not per day.

If it is a twin-sprint weekend and you signed up for one race each day, then the morning practices are included. 

If it is a CCS-hosted practice day on saturday and racing on sunday only, then you have to pay $125 if you want to practice on Saturday. Sunday morning practices would be included one you signed up for a race.

I have not raced at Daytona, but fees for the Race of Champions are sometimes different. http://www.ccsracing.us/faq/classfaqs.html

you just confused me even more.

I didn't realize sundays had practices too. I understand that the entry fee covers practice for sunday.  If it's a regular race weekend with Saturday practice, do I practice for free on Saturday if I'm signed up for sunday races, or do I have to pay.  I also thought that the price listed for Saturday practice was listed at $100 not $125.
Danny #73 FL

Gino230

If you're racing CCS FL (Homestead and PBIR, NOT Daytona) It's different.

$55 per race, and $75 for practice. Sat practice all day, Sunday 1 round of practice and then racing all day.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

dpelt73

Quote from: Gino230 on November 22, 2014, 02:50:08 PM
If you're racing CCS FL (Homestead and PBIR, NOT Daytona) It's different.

$55 per race, and $75 for practice. Sat practice all day, Sunday 1 round of practice and then racing all day.

where is the $75 coming from?

All i see listed is what HerbigCBR said.

80 first class pre-entered. 55 every class after pre-entered.  On a regular ccs weekend in florida, will saturday practice be $100 (what i see posted) $125 (what herbigCBR said) or $75 (what Gino230 said) or is it free?

Now i realize why its taken me so long to get into this. info scattered all over the website and nothing is consistent. almost worse than the army. I know it'll be easier once I do a few races, but damn this shit is confusing coming into it.
Danny #73 FL

HerbigCBR

A race day typically has a one or two short morning practice sessions before the races which are included with race entry fees.

On a "regular" race weekend, saturday practice is typically an all-day practice similar to a trackday format. The all-day practices are the ones you would have to pay for. Sounds like fees are different up here in the midwest.

If you want to do a saturday (all-day) practice and one race on sunday; plan on the $100ish practice fee in addition to whatever the fee for the first race is.

Get out there and race man! Its not really that confusing as we are making it sound and if a $50 difference is a big deal, then your are in the wrong sport LOL. Agreed that the prices posted on the site are inconsistent.
Jared Herbig - CCS #323
Thanks to: Spears Racing - TSE

apriliaman

Quote from: dpelt73 on November 22, 2014, 06:50:16 AM

If you signup for 1 race sunday you dont have to pay any extra other then the gate fee.At Daytona I did 1 race on Sunday and had 2 practices on Fri and 2 practices on Sat and 2 practices on Sun for only 1 race fee!!
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Gino230

Quote from: dpelt73 on November 22, 2014, 07:28:12 PM

where is the $75 coming from?

All i see listed is what HerbigCBR said.

80 first class pre-entered. 55 every class after pre-entered.  On a regular ccs weekend in florida, will saturday practice be $100 (what i see posted) $125 (what herbigCBR said) or $75 (what Gino230 said) or is it free?

Now i realize why its taken me so long to get into this. info scattered all over the website and nothing is consistent. almost worse than the army. I know it'll be easier once I do a few races, but damn this shit is confusing coming into it.

WHERE ARE YOU TRYING TO RACE?
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

dpelt73

Danny #73 FL