News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

modified SV650 eligible classes. also cbr500r

Started by dpelt73, November 13, 2014, 10:42:35 PM

dpelt73

I've looked through the rulebook quite a bit, but on some of the results it seems like theres only a few classes where an sv650 is pretty competitive.

My sv has a gsxr600 front end, r6 calipers, aftermarket shock. i know that makes me ineligible for supersport classes. my main class will be ultralight super bikes. what are some other classes that are pretty heavy with sv's or have bikes that the SV is competitive against?  thinking maybe light weight thunder bike and got (or gtu, can't remember which one is which)

Also I have 2 buddies racing cbr500r's next year. The formula 500 class seems to only be available in some areas none of which are the florida region (except daytona).  What classes would that bike be competitive in (even if just a little)

I was hesitating on asking these questions, but a few threads down saw someone said they are begging for more racing discussions.
Danny #73 FL

www.facebook.com/chickenstrips
DP Brakes, Vortex, Shorai, Comet Leathers

HerbigCBR

SV650: Ultralight Superbike, Lightweight Superbike, Lightweight GP, GTL, Thunderbike (not ultralight thunderbike.)

The CBR500R is obviously suited for 500SS and the next most competitive class might be lightweight supersport, but that is a class with SV650s typically.
Jared Herbig - CCS #323
Thanks to: Spears Racing - TSE

clarustnb

And if you've got a yellow plate on - try SuperTwins.  That's mostly SVs in the am grids.
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909
http://loyle.lwtracer.com/

Gino230

If you are racing Florida, you will eventually have to deal with a quite a few Ducati 1100's in all of those classes, except for Ultra Light Superbike.

As an amateur, you will have no problem being competitive in all of those classes. Many of the AM races in FL have been won by SV's and the field seems pretty healthy.

The 500 class has not been on the schedule so far in the FL region. I'm not sure if it will be added or not for the 2015 season. I hope it will, because with AMA running the KTMs and CCS running the 500, those bikes need a place to race other than Ultra Light Superbike where the SV's will cream them. The KTM's and 500's will suffer in FL, the tracks have alot of straights.

Either way I hope you come on out!
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

clarustnb

You say the SV's will cream them, but Mazziotto is still going to walk all over me with a KTM.  I'm pretty sure his EX250 time is faster than most SVs.
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909
http://loyle.lwtracer.com/

Gino230

Quote from: clarustnb on November 14, 2014, 10:48:26 AM
You say the SV's will cream them, but Mazziotto is still going to walk all over me with a KTM.  I'm pretty sure his EX250 time is faster than most SVs.

Isn't he an AMA regular?
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

LWT Racer

Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

apriliaman

The KTM should be very fast in the turns.It will be hard to catch them on my FZR which is only better on long straights.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006