The prognosis of the Duc.

Started by MightyDuc Racing, May 08, 2003, 05:10:39 PM

MightyDuc Racing

Burned the vertical piston.  No biggie.  Looks like it was running lean for some reason, but it definitely shouldn't have been with 175 main jets.  Either way, sending it to BCM and I'm sure I'll be ready in time for Moroso.  The cylinder and head look perfect, so apparently the crash was probably a blessing.  Had I run it a bit farther, it woulda done some real damage. ;)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

motard11

Thats cool Duc youll be up in no time. hows the shin and ankle? Sorry i didnt make it out Sun. Decided to go ridin with the boys and give my new bike a workout turns out it gave me one! Da** it was hot I think this summer is going to be a wicked one. Are you going to road alanta 16,17,18th?

Super Dave

Are you using a fuel filter?

How about fuel?  Track gas?  Popping at the same track or not?
Super Dave

james-redsv

Brian, why do you keep using BCM way up in NH? There is a guy in Daytona Fla that has tuned 2 valve race Ducs for years and has tons of experence with your motor. I would say he is just as good if not better than BCM and much , much closer to you. Give his site a look. www.PCSdaytona.com  His name is Tony Foster ;) He made a custom exaust for my F1 that is a work of art and he can get your carbs working right too.

MightyDuc Racing

Tony actually assembled this bike with the BCM kits if I'm not mistaken.  I wasn't sure how to get ahold of him.  I am sending this to BCM because they are hooking me up.  Thanks for his site address, I really appreciate it! :)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MightyDuc Racing

I am pretty sure I know what caused this one...easy fix.  I use 93 pump gas and it was a different track that I had trouble at this time.  This had nothing to do with it being a Duc. ;)

Motard-Shin is still pretty sore, and ankle only sore to the touch.  I'm planning on mowing the grass tonight, so we'll see how the leg is then...lol. :D  Sorry you couldn't make it out Sunday, you missed my daredevil act. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

james-redsv

I thought I had seen your bike before when I saw it on your web site. Tony had it for sale a few years ago, if it is the same bike and I almost positive it is, it had a yellow frame then and the same 916 body work. He use to rent it for use at his track days. If I were you I would get the whole bike to him and let him get everything sorted on it since he knows that bike the best. He will hook you up too and you wont have to keep shipping the motor up to NH. Tony sold it because he started using SV650s to rent out, they were way easier to keep running than his stable of Ducatis. When he sold it it was pretty flogged, thats probally why the original motor blew up. Tony is really the guy that got me into racing, after doing a few years of his track days I finally took his race school early last year and have been racing ever since. Later! ;)

MightyDuc Racing

Actually, it's just a very similar bike you saw.  This bike was built for Russ Mattson to run the AMA Pro Thunder Series.  When he tore both rotator cuffs, he quit racing and traded this bike to Butch Verdecchia for a street bike.  This bike used to be a cherry purple color, the way I understand it.  But I'm pretty positive that Tony assembled it.  I think the motor blew because the new pistons in it were defective.  Who knows though...lol.  Thanks again for the info, I really appreciate it.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

tigerblade

*Obligatory Interjection*

BUY A HONDA

*/Obligatory Interjection*
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

MightyDuc Racing

Beat it honda boy...lol.  I'm either buying a 600RR or a GSXR 750 or 1000 at the end of next year, so cool ur jets...lol.  But I'll never get rid of the Duc!!! ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

james-redsv

Tiger, I beat Honda RC51s with my Duc 853 in the Supertwins class all the time, RC51s are too heavy and slow! One did get by me at VIR after I made a mistake coming down the hill on the last lap.  :P I have even beat RC51s during play races with my SV650s, you need to trade your RC for a Ducati!! Ha Ha. :o

MightyDuc Racing

QuoteTiger, I beat Honda RC51s with my Duc 853 in the Supertwins class all the time, RC51s are too heavy and slow! One did get by me at VIR after I made a mistake coming down the hill on the last lap.  :P I have even beat RC51s during play races with my SV650s, you need to trade your RC for a Ducati!! Ha Ha. :o

Yeah, biatch! ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors: