Should the GSXR565 (and similar bikes) be outlawed?

Started by MACOP1104, July 13, 2014, 09:41:58 AM

Gino230

Quote from: ahastings on February 18, 2015, 02:46:55 PM
I dont think allowing high dollar exotics in endurance helps the gtl grids. for each one you add probably lose as many or more that know they cant be competitive with true lightweight bike. I understand allowing them in gp classes but not endurance.

That hasn't proven to be true thus far.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Gino230

Quote from: LWT Racer on February 18, 2015, 12:42:37 PM
Your grids in Florida are growing with expensive Ducati's.  Grid growing with expensive bikes isn't good for the majority of the racers. 

I don't race GT or GP classes, but am still going fight that the 565 doesn't fit.  The 120hp duc hybrids fit better than 565s.

The majority of the bikes on the LW grid are Ducs, but not hybrids. Yes, they're $20K for a new high end build. So is a new R6 Superbike from Graves.

Show up in Middleweight Superbike with a $5000 special and you won't be competitive either. The only people this is not good for is the people hoping to run Superbike or GP classes on a budget machine. Otherwise it's no different than any other class.

All of this complaining is moot, the rules are not going to change. The dreaded machines you're worried about have failed to dominate despite all of the complaining so.... Anyway I'm out of this discussion, I'm racing MW these days.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

LWT Racer

You keep saying you're out, but yet you keep coming back.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

LWT Racer

Quote from: Gino230 on February 20, 2015, 11:32:51 PM
. The dreaded machines you're worried about have failed to dominate despite all of the complaining so....

Check homestead results.....

Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

Cowboy 6

Listen Sam, don't try to confuse Floridians with facts.... Love that LW Superbike Expert race... lots of SVs there.....
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

MACOP1104

Quote from: Gino230 on February 20, 2015, 11:32:51 PM
All of this complaining is moot, the rules are not going to change. The dreaded machines you're worried about have failed to dominate despite all of the complaining so.... Anyway I'm out of this discussion, I'm racing MW these days.
The dreaded machines have failed to dominate because they are few and far between, and the best riders aren't riding them. 

apriliaman

SV's are Dominate in alot of races in the Mid Atlantic and And Atlantic region.Very fast riders and high cornering speed.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

MACOP1104

Exacrly.  Put that rider on a DB5 and what'a he going to do?   Mazz, Kcraget, Xavier?   
Quote from: apriliaman on February 23, 2015, 08:12:50 PM
SV's are Dominate in alot of races in the Mid Atlantic and And Atlantic region.Very fast riders and high cornering speed.

racer880

I been running LWT on and off depending the season since 79. I moved back to Middleweight a few seasons ago. Best thing I ever did. SV is a joke anymore for Expert down here unless you are 100 lbs.

Wolfie109

After reading as much as I can about this topic, I was curious if there was a definitive approval from CCS that the so called cripple triples are allowed in the Lightweight classes.

LWT Racer

Yes, cripple triples (gsxr750 with cylinder disabled = 565cc ) is legal for LWGP and GTL.   But it will get crushed by a destroked 600 or good air-cooled Duc.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

bruce71198

Quote from: LWT Racer on January 09, 2016, 07:21:19 PM
Yes, cripple triples (gsxr750 with cylinder disabled = 565cc ) is legal for LWGP and GTL.   But it will get crushed by a destroked 600 or good air-cooled Duc.

I would like to see that play out. Do you think if one could get a 100hp out of a cripple it could do battle with the Duc?