News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Performance Index Question

Started by supercarl, July 01, 2014, 09:41:52 AM

supercarl

If I pre-register for a race then decide to skip it on race day for whatever reason, will that race be used in my performance index calculation giving me a dead last finish? Or do you actually have to lineup on the grid for it to be counted in the performance index? Couldnt find the answer in the rulebook or anywhere on the website.

The reason I ask is because I have the opportunity to race as many races I want during one round at Blackhawk because I won it in the Red Flag Auction. I want to sign up for every single race using my 450 Supermoto and my R6 just because I can lol  :biggrin: . However I'm worried I may hurt my Performance Index in the process if I get tired and decide to skip a race or two.

So if anyone could help me out that would be great!

Thanks!

Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

GSXR RACER MIKE

I BELIEVE you have to actually grid up to get counted, but I would ask CCS directly.

You REALLY should read this thread from 4 years ago that turns into a discussion concerning Performance Indexes effect on your points, myself and others explained in detail what happens to your points when you finish good, and when you finish bad - it's a 'must know' if your pursuing a championship:

http://www.ccsforum.com/index.php/topic,25286.0.html
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

MELK-MAN

Hey Carl.. pretty sure what Mike said is correct. You have to grid up to be scored. Furthermore, the PI is not as detrimental to your overall points should you do poorly in the only race you ever do in a class you normally don't run. Every race you run, no matter if in a class you never raced or in the class you ran all season, has it's own performance index factor. Every single race gets a PI (so winning is always better) but it's simply averaged with every race you have run for the season.

In the old days (a couple years ago), if you were in the hunt for say the #1 plate.. you could hurt your PI if you did bad in a class you run 1 time, as you would then continue to have that class that you ran 1 race, carry the same weight PI as other classes that you had done 5 events each in.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

supercarl

Thanks for the replies guys! I am aware of how it is calculated and how each race affects it. Just had the one question about which races are counted for it.

I spoke to Jay about it this weekend and he confirmed that you actually have to grid up for the race to count towards your PI. Furthermore, you must also complete one whole lap for it to count towards your performance index. So if you crash out on lap 1 it doesn't even hurt you. Good info to know!
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

MELK-MAN

Quote from: supercarl on July 07, 2014, 12:57:38 PM
Thanks for the replies guys! I am aware of how it is calculated and how each race affects it. Just had the one question about which races are counted for it.

I spoke to Jay about it this weekend and he confirmed that you actually have to grid up for the race to count towards your PI. Furthermore, you must also complete one whole lap for it to count towards your performance index. So if you crash out on lap 1 it doesn't even hurt you. Good info to know!

yes, that is how I understand it too..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice