News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Results??????????

Started by Peanut, May 08, 2003, 06:44:39 AM

Peanut

Topic should have been points..sorry.  :-/

Ok 1st let me say that the posting of the results has been great! Better than ever!  Thanks.

Now the overall points are another matter.  It is just as important to many of us to see how well, or how bad, we are doing overall.  I know the veterans will tell me I'm beating my head against a wall, but the results are being posting in a timely manner, why not the overall??  fWIW the overall IS posted for the MW region.  Why not everyone?  I noticed the link is different, is some else posting it?  If so why not have him/her do all of them??

Could someone just tell us what the hold up is?

BTW..I had the same conversation w/Art @ Summit & he did tell me some of the issues.  thanks Art. However, it just doesn't make sence to be able to posted results, but not overall points. EX: Hector has a zillion points already, add the additional zillion he got for VIR & Summit, & blam!  He's leading with 3 zillion!  Easy!  ;D

Nut

r6_philly

Hey nut...

The results are done AT the track while the races were being run. So all they had to do is email it to the web person and will be posted. Points had to be calculated. I am not sure this is done at CCS HQ or at the regional level.

Hector got a zillion points... I think I should have enough for second in MW... He would have twice as many as second place :D

So I guess our chances for glory would be the end of year at Daytona??? championship is a little hard to achieve now wont you say?

Did you return your transmitter? they were looking for ya Sunday...

See you in 2 weeks

xlr8tn

Man what happened to you in turn 1 :o.  Saw you ran in some later races in the day, so hopefully everything is ok.  Good job out there Peanut...somehow I need to catch up.  I figure I got you on the initial start and will be braking MUCH later from now on.  I need to figure out where I'm SLOW and focus on getting faster there.  If any of you followed me for a lap or two, did you by chance notice anything that might help?  

-brent

P.S.  I agree that the race results are being posted in a timely fashion.  I would like to see the overall points updated at the same time.  CCS states that they ship these to a person that updates the website.  If the overall points were up-to-date, then it would merely be and 1st grade addition to get the overall points.  As with any position within a company, why doesn't this person have deadlines and consequences if he/she can't perform.  Just a thought.

Can someone from CCS please post when these points WILL be updated and not a guess?

Thanks

r6_philly

QuoteMan what happened to you in turn 1 :o.  Saw you ran in some later races in the day, so hopefully everything is ok.  

I guess the track was still a little damp... I was 3rd behind peanut. Was gonna try to pass him coming out of 2, so I tried to brake a little harder. I guess I outbraked myself. the front end pushed, but the time I got the front end back, I ran out of track. Decided to run off, but was going too slow to make it through the mud into the gravel trap. So the bike fell there in the mud. some mud got stuck around the master cylinder so the wheel was locked. If I could have gotten through the mud, I would have came back on about 5th or so, and maybe caught back up... oh well, that was bad luck, and pushing too hard too early.

Peanut

Nope I forgot to turn in the transmitter but overnighted it to Tiffany on Monday.   :-[ Won't happen again.  

It's still a long season, I can't catch Hector in points but it'll be good to try to keep up for the rest of the year.   ;D  

The points...oh well I know I'm beating it to death, but hopefully it'll get taken care of from here on.

Brent, you always ride smooth but I think you generally overbrake.  Other than that, since we all are so far behind, we all have quite a bit to learn.  ;)

The kid on the 636 was riding great also and with him, Hec, & Donny, the MW classes are flyin'.  We old guys need to pick up the pace quick!!!   :o  lol.

BTW..I'm packing up for Barber this weekend w/NESBA!  Just thought I'd rub it in a little!  ;)

Peanut

xlr8tn

Peanut,
I just got off the phone with Tiffiney and she gave me the low-down.  I assume the website should be updated hopefully by tomorrow.  I think they showed you just right behind me in points.  ;D  Hector has something like 2400 pts.

See you at summit,
Brent

r6_philly

I don't think any of us have a chance at the overall points unless Hector stops racing mid-season. he is doing every class that he can enter. I don't have the money nor the interest to race 10 races a weekend. extra $100 plus a lot more tire use... I am real curious to see if I am 2nd :D

Also interesting to see the class points. we may have a chance at certain regional championships if hector end up with a DNF or 2 somewhere down the line this year. Or if I keep beating him  :D  ;D :D

Anyway, hope to see the points tomorrow. Are you both going to the next Roebling and Barber?

I think the best chance for any kinda championship for me, and some of the other guys is at Daytona. I am sure I can get on the first 2 rows, and hopefully pull out a national championship  ;)

See yall at summit next weekend